We are looking to add a Assistant Controller/Senior Accountant to our accounting team to work with our MN sites. The position will be support the accounts payable department, ensure accuracy of commissions/sales reporting, month-end reconciliations, bank reconciliations, assist other accounting departments and assist in the implementation of new policies and procedures.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. However, other duties may be assigned and job requirements may change at anytime during employment.
- Full understanding of AP/AR departments and will be the primary backup for all AP processes.
- Reconciliation of intercompany transactions between sites
- Bank reconciliations
- Process bi-weekly expense reports
- Review and recordation of journal entries required to reflect the monthly activity
- Preparation of month-end reconciliations to be submitted to the Controller
- Review systems and procedures and make recommendations for improvement
- Backup other accounting areas and execute special projects as necessary
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or similar field from an accredited college or university.
- 2+ years’ experience in the accounting and finance sector.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel: 1 year (Preferred)