Venesco is currently hiring for several System Engineer positions, for out NASA HITTS III contract in Crystal City, VA.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
JR. System Engineer I
MUST have 1-2 years of experience to be considered for this position.
You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject or Equivalent
- Experience with VMWARE servers
- MUST be able to pass a PUBLIC TRUST clearance
Job Type: Full-time
- VMware Server: 4 years (Required)
- System Engineer: 5 years (Required)
- DoD: 3 years (Required)