VERIFY AND KEEP RECORDS ON INCOMING SHIPMENTS THAT COME IN VIA TRACTOR TRAILERS. DUTIES INCLUDE LOGGING SHIPMENTS INTO A COMPUTER SCREEN MOUNTED AT A DESK, WALKING INSIDE THE TRAILER TO INSPECT, TEMPERATURES, TRAILER NUMBER, TRACTOR NUMBER, AND SEAL NUMBER. MUST ALSO USE THE PHONE TO CALL THE TRAFFIC MANAGERS IN THE OFFICE AND USE RADIO TO DISPATCH MOVES TO DRIVERS.
Detailed Work Activities:
apply knowledge of transportation
- obtain information from individuals (traffic directors and truck drivers)
- use computers to enter, access or retrieve data (sits at the desk with the computer)
- apply oral or written communication techniques
- compare shipment contents to records
- examine products or work to verify conformance to specifications
- maintain records, reports, or files
record the tractor numbers and trailer numbers
Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
- Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
- Record shipment data, such as weight, charges, space availability, and damages and discrepancies, for reporting, accounting, and record keeping purposes.
- Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.