Phillips 66 & YOU- Together we can fuel the future
The Health and Safety Specialist
is accountable for coordination of the Phillips 66 Midstream HSE management system ensuring compliance with applicable regulations and work procedures. This role supports business plan objectives as they apply to the Phillips 66 Midstream organization and is responsible for managing the overall Health and Safety program for the designated areas of responsibility.
This position will support the Midstream Organizations Southwest Region which includes assets in Texas and New Mexico.
This position will office out of either Amarillo, Lubbock or Odessa, TX, dependent upon the candidate.
Responsibilities may include
- Performing field verification to ensure compliance with the Phillips 66 Life Saving Rules; and Health and Safety policies
- Managing all aspects of health and safety training for assigned assets
- Coordinating incident reporting, investigation, and documentation with corrective action tracking and oversight through use of the incident reporting system
- Managing auditing requirements and supporting operations during internal/external auditing as needed. Ensuring corrective action plans are developed, documented, and coordinated
- Developing and fostering a strong safety culture with front line employees, site supervisors and site management
- Supporting and ensuring compliance with the Phillips 66 Contractor Safety Program
- Supporting project managers in the coordination of Management of Change and Process Hazard Analysis activities as required
- Serving as point of contact for OSHA VPP Star review/recertification, auditing, and reporting where applicable
- Collecting and maintaining Health and Safety KPI’s for internal/external reporting and management reviews
- Managing the assets emergency response capabilities by responding to support incidents and participating in drills and training
- Legally authorized to work in the job posting country
- Bachelor's degree in a safety related field
- 3 or more years of experience with applicable Federal, State and Local rules and regulations as they apply to Occupational Safety and Health
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Willingness to travel, with or without reasonable accommodation, to field sites or headquarters approximately 30%
- Must be willing and able to perform the following:
- Climb various ladders and stairs
- Lift and transport articles weighing up to 50 pounds
- Walk, stand, stoop, sit, climb and carry material on even and uneven terrain
- Work outside in all weather conditions
- Wear and use a respirator
- Willing and able to obtain a Transportation Worker Identification Card (TWIC). Information can be found at https://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic
- ASP/CSP Certification
- API Tank Entry Supervisor (TES) Certification
- Experience with Emergency Response – including Incident Command, Crisis Management and HAZWOPER
- 3 or more years in the oil and gas industry
- 1 or more years with Midstream (pipelines and terminals) equipment, facilities, etc.
- Experience implementing/maintaining OSHA VPP Star status or OSHA VPP SGE
- Strong computer skills, including PowerPoint, spreadsheet, word processing and data base applications
- Working knowledge of SAP software
- Root Cause Analysis (Think Reliability/Cause Mapping) facilitation for investigation and corrective action planning
At Phillips 66, while "what" we do may be very different from person to person, there's a "how" that connects all of us. It is how we work, how we collaborate and how we succeed together. It's this shared "how" that our competency framework describes in detail. We call it the Keys to Success because it can unlock the potential within us all.
Keys to Success
- Prof: Adaptability—Demonstrate Adaptability And Learning
- Prof: Building Collaborative Relationships—Build Partnerships
- Prof: Communication—Communicate Professionally
- Prof: Judgment—Exercise Professional Judgment
- Prof: Results Orientation—Optimize Results
We own or lease various assets to provide environmentally safe, strategic and timely delivery and terminaling and storage of crude oil, refined products, natural gas and NGL. These assets include pipeline systems; petroleum product, crude oil and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) terminals; a petroleum coke handling facility; marine vessels; railcars and trucks.
Phillips 66 is a diversified energy manufacturing and logistics company. With a portfolio of Midstream, Chemicals, Refining, and Marketing and Specialties businesses, the company processes, transports, stores and markets fuels and products globally. Phillips 66 Partners, the company's master limited partnership, is integral to the portfolio. Headquartered in Houston, the company has 14,500 employees committed to safety and operating excellence. Phillips 66 had $52 billion of assets as of March 31, 2018. For more information, visit www.phillips66.com
at http://www.phillips66.com/ or follow us on Twitter @Phillips66Co
To be considered
In order to be considered for this position you must complete the entire application process, which includes answering all prescreening questions and providing your eSignature on or before the requisition closing date of October 29, 2018 .
Candidates for regular U.S. positions must be a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as permanent resident, refugee, asylee or temporary resident under 8 U.S.C. 1160(a) or 1255(a)(1). Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.