As a global specialty retailer, Banana Republic is focused on delivering versatile, contemporary classics. Our customers seek to make the most of every moment. How we do it is just as important as what we do. We value people who are confident, optimistic and curious, because we believe in unleashing creativity and greatness every day.
The Senior Digital Graphic Designer is responsible for leading creative execution and output in the digital media and social spaces. Candidates should possess a sophisticated visual style, flexibility, and a compelling portfolio. The designers main focus is in paid social media content, but can extend to organic social and blog as needed. The candidate will oversee junior web designers and assist them with their design layouts to reach the optimum look/feel of the site. In addition, s/he will be responsible for presenting their work to the team, routing files for approval and releasing organized files to production management when approvedThis individual reports under the Head of Design/Creative Director.
- Design materials that enhance the BR brand and the overall customer experience
- Ensure design reflects the BR brand look-and-feel by following brand standards and actively help develop graphic standards
- Drive innovation with editorial storytelling approach to assets
- Curate and design content for multiple digital and social channels for paid advertising/media (facebook, Instagram, etc)
- Oversee the creative direction of paid partnerships
- Manage junior designers and their individual development.
- Work closely and collaborate with cross-functional teams including marketing, production, photo, and merchandising
- Be responsible for presenting your work to the team, routing files for approval and releasing organized files to production management when approved
- Eye for visual storytelling and audience engagement.
- Ability to pull together disparate elements of a design created by team members such as photography, images, layouts and text.
- 5+ years of web design experience in all phases from start to finish with minimal direction.
- Experience with paid advertising and Social Media
- Experience with motion and video graphics
- Strong project management skills and ability to function as project leader influencing others as well as individual contributor. Able to work well in cross-functional teams.
- simultaneously contributing to multiple projects each with aggressive development schedules.
- Must be organized and able to prioritize, multi-task and work independently through ambiguity.
- Strong communication skills. Able to present concepts in a clear and convincing manner to a broad range of audiences – from executives to software developers.
- Expert knowledge in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Experience in After Effects and Adobe Premiere a plus.
- Acute attention to detail including pixel perfect layouts and the ability to follow graphic brand standards.
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design.
On-line Portfolio required when submitting your resume
Merchandise discount for our brands:
50% off regular-priced merchandise at Gap, Banana Republic and Old Navy, 30% off at Outlet and 25% off at Athleta.
One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
Employee stock purchase plan.*
Employees receive medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
Employees can apply for tuition reimbursement.*
Family care programs.
Pet Discount Program.
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. In 2016, Gap Inc. was named one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the thirteenth consecutive year and was the sole winner of the Catalyst award for equality in the workplace in 2016.