DRYWALL FINISHERS WANTED! – Make a difference and promote the progress of construction! Must be enthusiastic about technology, eager to learn, and up for the challenge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- We looking to building a world class finishing production crew. This crew will perform all steps of drywall finishing as a team.
- Understands the 5 levels of finishing and can demonstrate each.
- Our search for experience is specific to “Production Finishing” utilizing tools such as: Bazookas, Banjos, Flat and angle boxes, corner rollers, and power sanders.
- Experience with all types and ranges of commercial drywall finishing.
- Measures and marks surface to finish and level of finish work according to blueprints and drawings.
- Inspects drywall surfaces for imperfections (screw heads, misaligned joints, bad hanging etc) then mark drywall surface with pencil prior to starting.
- Using the right tools for the job size and need.
- Understands the right joint compound (quick-set, lightweight, or standard) to be used at appropriate situations.
- Eliminates visible joints, knows how to eliminate air bubbles, tapes are not blistered, switch and receptacle boxes are finished tight
- Install cornerbead, trim beads, reveal beads straight, plumb and on tight utilizing string lines, laser, square, or straight edge.
- Understands importance of tool maintenance and daily cleanup of production tools are essential.
- Ability to work independently on jobsites.
- Oversee less experienced installers/laborers.
- Coordination with GC and other subcontractors regarding project expectations
- Competent to instruct and inspect a quality produced wall or ceiling.
- Discipline to check bead alignment with laser or straight edges
- Identify/Resolve conflicts in site-specific conditions prior to road blocks in plan
- Skill required to patch/repair existing drywall into like-new appearance
- Must have 3 years of experience and skill with Production Finishing and considers themselves a specialist in the field.
- Understands production work and can operate all production finishing tools.
- Has the experience to be safe with stilts, baker scaffolding, and ladders
- Positive attitude and commitment to acquire trade knowledge and quality excellence.
- Compliant with safety procedures
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Demonstrates solid verbal and written communication skills; listens to instruction
- Valid Driver’s License Required
- Dependable Transportation
Mandatory Tools: Finishing Knives, Mud Pan, Mixer, Sanding Pole, Laser Line, Snips, Utility Knife, Chalk Box, Tape Measure, Tape Holder
- Medical, Dental, Vision Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- We offer training, a mentoring program, and a career ladder to help employees grow both individually and professionally.
Precision Walls is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer of women/minorities/disabilities/veterans. We are an e-Verify employer and all candidates must pass a drug test.
Job Type: Full-time