STRIVE is a national leading workforce development solution for people who face the biggest obstacles for employment. Our proven model propels students into careers that lead to upward mobility and define the promise of the American Dream. Headquartered in East Harlem, New York and since our founding in 1984, STRIVE has helped more than 75,000 graduates prepare for career success through employment programs geared toward those left behind in the economy, including adults, young adults, and those with a history in the justice system.
STRIVE operates in New York City and through partners in cities across the country. In 2019,
STRIVE embarked on an ambitious growth plan to expand our impact in current and new cities.
STRIVE is seeking a motivated individual to join our team in a part-time, temporary Data Associate position to support a 15 month engagement working with a prominent research social policy group; and to assist with the database management, support, and reporting of national programs. The proposed scope of the project will collaborate with the partnering research group to identify areas where behavioral and data insights and human-centered design might strengthen communications, operations, or the efficacy of STRIVE’s programs. In addition, the Data Associate role will work along with STRIVE’s performance management team to contribute to the National Affiliate Network database management and data reporting. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate who is looking to pursue this line of work and gain experience in data research; while also collaborating with internal and external staff to track and understand the impact of program service delivery. The Data Associate should enjoy data analysis and entry, research, communicating findings, writing, and thrives at project management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engaging with leadership regularly on progress and activities
- Identify and work closely with a non-leadership staff to be the primary liaison to the project team throughout the engagement
- Coordinate site visits where the project team will interview key program staff and hold focus groups with participants
- Provide Apricot database administration support including data cleaning, updating forms, managing user access, creating reports, and providing technical assistance
- Coordinate and draft reports as needed by the project team
- Provide data analysis, both qualitative and quantitative, for research and reports
- Work on special projects as deemed relevant and be available as needed for technical and other support
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- 2 -3 years of professional work experience
- At least 1 year of experience supporting with data management, analysis, and report writing
- High comfort level with quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Project management preferred
- Must have strong and polished interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Comfort working in databases
- Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook. Familiar with Internet applications.
- Experience with Apricot software or other SQL database preferred
- Understanding of nonprofit management, infrastructure, and capacity building a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
STRIVE offers the following benefits:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Pre-tax Commuter Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- Financial Literacy Program
STRIVE considers applicants for all positions without regard to: race; color; religion; gender; national origin; age; sexual orientation; marital or veteran status; the presence of a medical condition, genetic information or handicap, unrelated to performing the tasks of the job; or any other legally protected status.