Auto req ID: 155938BR
We are PepsiCo Supply Chain. We are the game changers, innovators, collaborators and history makers. The ground breakers of the Supply Chain & Logistics space.
We are a diverse group, spread across 200 countries and territories, and united by a shared set of values and goals. You know our name through our amazing portfolio, including Tropicana, Pepsi, Frito-Lay, Quaker and Gatorade.
We perform with a purpose. We dream globally and act locally, constantly innovating to sustain our planet, our people, our communities and our business practices. Together, we raise the bar in lean manufacturing practices. We put forth new standards and stretch to reach beyond the goals we set. We are a think tank, bringing our ideas into action and are determined to find ways to drive efficiencies, improve processes and achieve the highest level of safety… all while meeting the demands of our customers and consumers to deliver the best products. At PepsiCo, we are committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, and to strengthen the company as a whole.
Are you hungry to be a part of the world’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
What you'll do:
As an EHS Associate Manager, you'll contribute to the success of the Pepsi Beverages Company by ensuring regulatory compliance (OSHA, EPA, and Department of Transportation), accident prevention, and after injury management. This position reports to the Regional EHS Manager and will work to support the EHS Management System across the Southeast region. We will look for you to be a subject matter expert in employee and motor vehicle safety and to be highly skilled at implementing processes that will lead to sustained Environmental, Health, and Safety performance improvements.
You'll be responsible for deploying, implementing, and leading the EHS agenda throughout your territory by the integrating Safety, Fleet and Driver Safety, Environmental, prevention, workers' compensation, and regulatory compliance into everyday work life. The GTM EHS Associate Manager will analyze accident data, develop and implement actionable safety solutions. You'll use collaboration and creative problem solving to develop best-in-class programs for the improvement of the overall EHS strategy in Tulsa, OK for Go-to-Market. In addition, this position may or may not have direct reports (L6 – Specialist).
Major Tasks, Key Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
What you'll bring:
- You'll implement, execute, ensure compliance with the Pepsi - North American Beverages policies and procedures, and all federal, state, and local OSHA/EPA/DOT regulations (i.e. Lockout, Haz Com, Machine Safety, SARA, RCRA, DOT, etc.)
- Manage local HSE budget
- Lead the development and implementation of the EHS Annual Operating Plans and Action Plans for the Market Unit
- Achieve annual targets rates for Lost Time, Recordable, Severity, Collision, and Environmental
- Develop, implement, execute, and manage strategies to prevent workplace injuries, environmental incidents, and vehicle accidents
- Conduct EHS activities such as training/auditing/assessing to ensure ongoing compliance with regulatory agency requirements, Zero Zone Management System standards, and internal PepsiCo EHS procedures
- Perform risk assessments implementation of effective physical and/ or behavioral control measures.
- Complete driver qualification work in First Advantage and First Lab (or like 3rd party DOT vendors)
- Understand and assist in the deployment of NAB’s " Test Drive" training program
- Complete root cause analyses and develop corrective action plans to address root basic causes and management system weak-spots through the use of industry-recognized cause analysis techniques (5-Why, 8-D, etc.)
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with greater than 5 years’ work experience in HSE/Fleet or 10 years applicable HSE experience without a degree
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills including public speaking skills and presence in meetings and training environments
- Your ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to build a results driven, team oriented environment
- Safety management experience in a related industry, including consumer packaged goods, distribution/transportation, manufacturing or grocery industry
- Safety degree and/or related certification. Certified Safety Director - Motor Fleet Safety Basics, CSP, CIH, CHMM desirable.
- Knowledge and experience with HSE Management systems and their deployment
- HSE auditing
- Certified Safety Director - Motor Fleet Safety Basics, CSP, CIH, CHMM desirable
Not Eligible for Relocation
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
For San Francisco Bay Area: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement