BOOKKEEPER – PART TIME TELECOMMUTE POSITION
This person will be a member of our live entertainment and logistics, Los Angeles-based operation and will help support the development and production of cause-related concerts, media events, issue-based conferences and various sports-related activation projects. Financial matters include payroll, logistics, shipping, staging, permits, and insurances. You will work with production leadership to build, update and monitor budgets and financial statements, which drive our projects throughout California and nationwide. This requires a true team player with some familiarity with logistics, events and/or production problem-solving and financial coordination skills.
The ideal candidate is a highly-motivated, personable individual with prior payroll and bookkeeping experience and should also be excellent at data entry, particularly via Google Sheets, excel and Quickbooks. The position has management growth potential.
- Is a part-time position in a small, high-paced company which works directly with sports, live entertainment, logistics, labor, corporate, political and governmental entities.
- Requires an extremely motivated, organized and self-directed individual who can work on multiple projects per month.
- Frequently serves as the primary point of contact with facilities and equipment vendors for each event.
- Requires administrative skills including: ability to create budgets, input data, create charts, graphs and reports and keeping management, clients and sponsors updated regularly.
- Involves heavy data-input.
- Work schedule will be approximately 20 hours per week on a flexible daily basis and could involve one on site team meeting per month beginning September 2021.
- Will involve rapidly changing priorities which must be achieved on a daily and/or weekly basis.
- Works with logistics and production leadership to build budgets in excel and quickbooks.
- Ensures logistics and production employees have proper paperwork completed for employee onboarding and payroll, including insurance and benefits.
- Monitors employee timesheets.
- Runs bi-weekly payroll for up to 40 employees using ADP.
- Receives, approves, and, when necessary, investigates vendor, sponsor or client accounts payable invoices.
- Codes payables and inputs into Quickbooks software.
- Produces accurate, timely reports including Cash Flow, Profit & Loss and Balance Sheets.
- Communicates (both in verbal and written form) with clients, suppliers, vendors, and financial contacts.
- Keeps track of project/production assets.
- Prepares appropriate schedules and reports as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by accountants or partners.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES UTILIZED WEEKLY
- Minimum of two years responsible accounting or bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger and financial reports.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
- Strong knowledge of Quickbooks, Microsoft excel and accurate data entry.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to keep production matters strictly confidential.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
- Prior experience in Business Management preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
As the employee grows into this position, and if he/she desires, advancement into full-time and management status is highly encouraged.
WHY IT'S GREAT TO WORK AT BRIDGE STREET?
- We believe in doing well while working for good.
- We have great partners and are working on extraordinarily impactful, fun projects.
- We are a dexterous, progressive and a mission-driven company that values good ideas and hard work.
- We have a supportive work team.
- We enjoy having our office space in LA’s most exciting and progressive neighborhoods. We will move back in when the pandemic is truly over!
- We are big enough to make a difference, yet small enough to be close to everyone on our team.
- We offer competitive health and dental benefits and strong vacation, holiday and salary growth packages.
DIVERSITY: Our name says it all!….Bridge Street. We pride ourselves on being the “bridge” between diverse communities and the issues and causes that help all people thrive.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $35.00 - $45.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Due to Covid-19, we closed our offices in Los Angeles and anticipate re-opening a physical facility in Fall 2022. Until then, this position will be virtual and we remain open to this position being virtual indefinitely.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- Payroll: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location