Other positions available in Ulster, Dutchess, Greene, Columbia, and Orange Counties
Part Time- Vary (consumer friendly)
Supports for Living Inc. is in the business of doing good. We have a mission: To help people live the healthiest and fullest lives possible. Here, you’ll be a valued part of an innovative team that touches the lives of more than 10,000 people each year across the Hudson Valley in programs supporting people to pursue the life they imagine. At Access, we believe in work with a purpose.
We have a mission to help people live the healthiest and fullest lives possible and we are currently seeking Community Habilitation Workers (CHW) for varied locations in the Hudson Valley area. The CHW will provide skill building training and supports to Individuals with Developmental Disabilities. Supports take place in the community and or in the home depending on the need of the Individual.
Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
The ideal candidate will have:
- The Community Habilitation Worker will provide mentoring / teaching services to individuals with developmental disabilities to help them achieve personal outcomes and growth.
- The Community Habilitation worker will teach daily living skills such as (money handling, socialization, cooking, job search, etc.). As well as any other skills as identified in the person’s individual plan.
- The Community Habilitation Worker will possibly have to perform lifting or assisting with hygiene functions for selected individuals.
- Work on the persons valued outcomes with the steps on how to achieve it based on caregivers / community supports and behaviors observed along with the individual’s strengths and needs.
- Meet with the assigned individual several times per week depending on coordinated hours.
- Community Habilitation Worker will travel to the location assigned
- Attend trainings as required.
- It is essential that Community Habilitation Worker know and protect individual’s rights.
- Document each training session in the appropriate databases and report the progress and barriers with each client.
- The Community Habilitation Worker will receive supervision from the Community Habilitation Supervisor.
- Prior experience with related populations, i.e. Intellectual Developmental Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Strong interpersonal and engagement skills
- Ability to document services and understand regulations
- Bilingual English and Spanish speaking a plus
Access offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage; an array of voluntary benefits (term life, whole life, identity theft protection and pet insurance); Healthcare and Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts; employer paid Short Term Disability, LTD and AD&D; a matching 403(b) retirement plan, generous paid time off, paid holidays, accelerated holiday pay and tuition assistance.
To see all career opportunities with Access visit http://accessrealjobs.org. To learn more about Access and our services visit http://accesssupports.org. Like us on Facebook and connect with us on LinkedIn.
For immediate consideration, complete your application and, please visit one of our Recruitment Fairs.
ALL POSITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND, FINGERPRINTING AND MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT CHECK. ALSO ALL OFFERS OF EMPLOYMENT ARE CONTINGENT ON SUBMISSION TO A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST AND RECEIPT OF A NEGATIVE DRUG TEST RESULT.
The Agency is a smoke free workplace and offers smoke free campuses for our employees, visitors, clients, and interns.
We strive to make our electronic application process accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or if you are having difficulties in completing the application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at 845-692-4454.