Transdev North America is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming
The Road Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to maintain, govern, and provide effective, efficiently running routes for the customer, and to supply accurate data for route and charter operators. This position dotted-line reports directly to the Safety Manager or designee in fulfilling day-to-day responsibilities.
1. Demonstrates and promotes a “Safety First” lifestyle at the location.
2. Conducts on-road observations of service to insure proper implementation of all operating rules and procedures.
3. Assists operators and attendants in overcoming operational challenges.
4. Completes a daily report recording all emergency or maintenance road-calls, time checks, performance code violations and customer contacts. Completes incident reports and accident reports as required.
5. Ensures scheduling compliance.
6. Insures operators are fit for duty at all times.
7. Observes operator pre- and post-trip operating procedures.
8. Visits with major customer generators to discuss service performance issues and review site conditions for safety hazards.
9. Investigates customer complaints related to operator performance and safety.
10. Conducts operator evaluations as directed by the Lead Road Supervisor.
11. Document observed violations to company policy.
12. Can make recommendations to terminate employment based on observed failure to perform the job in a safe manner and in accordance to company policy.
13. May be called upon to testify on behalf of the company at union grievances or safety appeals meetings.
14. Insures all required reports are submitted in a timely manner.
15. Assists in the review of Drive-Cam clips and counsels drivers as required.
16. Is available to drive a regular route or charter trip as needed to cover the day’s activity.
17. Works weekends as necessary or requested by the assistant or contract manager.
18. Maintains an orderly work area. The work area shall be organized and clean before, during, and after the work shift.
19. Adheres to a dress code that demonstrates professionalism and respect.
20. Other duties to ensure the safe operation and efficiency of the department.
+ Must have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
+ Must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the transportation industry with emphasis on safety.
+ 2-3 years supervisory experience and must be able to lead, train, supervisor and motivate Transdev employees.
+ 50-60% local travel.
+ Knowledge of state and local regulations/guidelines, inclusive of DOT and FMCSR.
+ Ability to interpret and initiate policies and procedures.
+ Must be able to pass a DOT physical and drug screen.
+ Ability to work various hours/shifts and split off days.
+ Considerable knowledge of and ability to use personnel computers and related software.
+ Demonstrated ability to plan, assign, and supervise the work of subordinate employees engaged in a variety of activities.
+ Demonstrate ability to identify and understand problems and to determine the appropriate measures it takes to solve problems.
+ Considerable interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
+ Ability to maintain a variety of complex records and to prepare reports.
+ Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
+ Ability to manage customer relationships, provide strong customer service skills and work in a fast-paced team environment.
+ Proven organization skills, understanding importance of prioritizing effectively and managing multiple tasks in an environment with ever competing demands.
+ Union experience helpful.
**PHYSICAL DEMANDS: **
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by the employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can possibly be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
+ 10% of work is accomplished in doors and in air conditioned or well-ventilated facilities.
+ 90% of work is accomplished outside in varying temperature, weather, and humidity conditions; most work is performed alone and in remote locations; work is performed in an environment with constant noise; exposure to gasses, solvents, oil, fumes, dust; exposure to moving equipment, constant contact with staff and the public.
+ Frequently stands and walks; ability to sit for up to three hours; walk for long distances and on possible sloped ground or slippery and uneven surfaces; normal manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination; ability to lift material weighing over 100 lbs. with assistance; ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, and crouch; and corrected hearing and vision to normal range; verbal communication.
_For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers_
_The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified._
_The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request._
_Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law._
_EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm_
_Drug free workplace_
_If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check_
**Requisition ID** _2018-8304_
**Position Category** _Other_
**Internal Code** _\#TNA_
**Internal Reference** _781_
**Internal Code 3** _Ind1_
**Company/Division** _Transdev Services_