Director – Cloud Solutions
MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs and has partnered with state, federal and local governments to provide critical, high quality health and human service programs to a diverse array of communities. Operating under MAXIMUS’s founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People® since 1975, MAXIMUS Federal Services is entirely focused on helping government agencies run programs cost-effectively and serve program constituents with improved outcomes. By being a responsible steward for government programs, we help the federal government deliver on its promises through our people, process and technology. Our focus is always on outcomes and results that connect citizens more effectively with government services.
The Director – Cloud Solutions, will provide leadership to deliver technology strategies that support business goals. This role manages the delivery of all Cloud based capabilities and solutions for MAXIMUS IT. The individual in this position is a leader capable of creating a service-oriented IT organization through speed, agility, and automation. This individual will lead the team to work cross-functionally and adopt agile development methodologies to deliver required IT services to the business. The Role will also manage the program to deliver the next generation of Hybrid Cloud based infrastructure service.
- Provide Cloud Infrastructure Leadership by working closely with MAXIMUS IT executive leaders to assess the existing adoption of Cloud tools and processes and lead the short term and long-term technology infrastructure strategy. Long-term strategic responsibility for building scalable, reliable and efficient mechanisms required to meet our rapidly increasing customer demand.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce system standards.
- Provides IT governance, including providing leadership and direction in the support and utilization of the technology capabilities of the organization.
- Build Cloud focused team that help analyze the automation frameworks currently in use and spearhead risk and technical feasibility analysis pertinent to currently used Cloud tools. Manages a team of Sr Engineers and Architects.
- Oversee customer service functions and staff daily to ensure that excellent customer service is provided to customers and stakeholders.
- Interact with different levels of external and internal customers.
- Manage assigned team facilitating training, quality assurance, and dispute resolution by providing ongoing supervision and by developing their leadership skills to meet business needs.
- Generate daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports based upon management requests.
- Approve timesheet, develop team schedule and other assigned duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership.
First 100 days:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; field of study in Information Technology or Computer Science preferred.
- Equivalent experience considered in lieu of degree.
- 5 to 8 years’ people or project management experience required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to translate technical knowledge into actionable direction. This includes ability to develop action plans and execute against those plans.
- Strong understanding of ITIL processes and concepts with experiencing managing SLAs
- Preferred: AWS and/or Azure Certification(s)
- Preferred: ITIL v3 Foundations Certified preferred.
- Develop automated process for server builds both on private and public cloud
- Utilize CloudCheckr reports to clean up unused AWS resources.
- Implement automation to shut down development EC2 instances during non-working hours across the board
- Implement forms to replace the SPF
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.