Do you want to work with the best development team east of the Mississippi? Do you want to be part of a development team that is helping a company double sales every 5 years? Do you want to learn new or enhance your existing development skills? Do you want to laugh several times a day? If you answered yes to any of those questions, then a position on the Kimball Midwest development team is what you need! The Kimball Midwest development team is a growing team of developers that is constantly expanding our skillsets, processes, and technologies to support our growing business, and doing so with smiles on our faces. If having fun, writing code, and working with technology sounds intriguing, then apply today!
Kimball Midwest, a national distributor of maintenance, repair and operation products, is searching for a SQL Developer in our Information Technology Department for our Columbus, OH location.
Our SQL Developer will work to accomplish team goals, build and maintain the company’s data infrastructure and team supported products, create and enhance stored procedures for optimal performance, build and maintain SQL scripts, indexes and complex queries, work with application developers to ensure SQL scripts and data are optimized and address any support issues involving the company’s data integrations.
As a Kimball Midwest employee, you will experience why we have been listed as one of the Top Workplaces in Columbus 8 years in a row! Our sales revenue growth is dynamic, increasing from $1 million in 1983 to more than $240 million today. Throughout all our growth we have kept the family owned and operated culture alive. At Kimball Midwest, you are a name and not a number and we pride ourselves on our unique culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field or bachelor’s degree in a business-related field with relevant work experience in IT
- 3+ years’ experience with
i. a strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
ii. a strong understanding of OLTP and OLAP databases.
iii. a strong understanding of database reporting.
iv. Microsoft SQL Server.
v. developing reports with Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
vi. developing with Visual Studio and SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS).
- Strong aptitude to learn new technical skills in order to support needed team products
- Extremely proficient with Windows operating systems and Office tools
- Strong soft skills, including experience in facilitation, diplomacy, and conflict resolution
- Ability to effectively communicate cross-organizationally and work well in a small team, fast-paced environment
- A highly motivated, well-organized, self-starter desiring an opportunity to grow both technically and professionally
- Ability to document technical and business requirements
- Self-motivated working ability with minimal supervision or direction
- Experience with project management including how to work with deadlines and how to estimate the duration of a development task
- Must have a “can-do” attitude. Is flexible to work outside of normal business hours.
- Willingness to be on-call as needed
- This position requires the ability to follow oral and written instructions
- This position requires the execution of an Employment Agreement contract between Kimball Midwest and the employee
We offer a benefits package that includes health, dental and vision insurance, company sponsored life, optional life and disability insurance, Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts, a 401(k) and Profit Sharing Plan, Tuition Assistance, Paid Time Off (PTO), a business casual dress code and paid holidays.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/vets