This role contributes to the success of ARC's business functions by through design, implementation and administration of the server and environment. This role works closely with members of other teams to support core infrastructure systems and services and ensure resources are functional and available while providing solutions to complex problems. This role works to maintain a secure environment by following best practice, standards, and industry policy. This role is also accountable for developing and sharing institutional knowledge such as operational procedures and functions.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Implement and administer servers and applications as both virtual and physical servers.
Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues with operating systems and various applications/services.
Manage users, groups, policies, scripts, and permissions.
Ensure security of systems by adhering to hardening procedures and security policy.
Prepare technical reports and related documentation, and make charts and graphs to record results for use by peers, manager, and other technical support team members in understanding what was done on specific projects.
Apply business or technical principles and methods to resolve technical problems.
Monitor and manage system resources, including CPU usage, disk usage, backup systems, and response times to maintain operating efficiency.
Skills & Abilities
Functional Knowledge Required:
Maintain a broad knowledge of Windows operating systems, Microsoft applications, VMware virtualization technologies, new security concerns, network monitoring technologies, and hardware technologies such as servers, storage, and data backup devices.
Business Expertise Required:
General business acumen required. Knowledge of typical systems required to run a business (related to Windows).
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3 years of operating system administration experience preferred
- Experience with AWS, Active Directory, Windows File Servers, SQL Server, Exchange, and/or IIS Application Servers
- Knowledge of configuration management systems
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere 6.0+
- Knowledge of local and offsite backup solutions
- Knowledge of scripting and automation
- Knowledge of networking concepts, end user application support, remote systems support
- Knowledge of web application security, understanding of vulnerabilities and countermeasures
- Knowledge of data center components, including environmental controls, security systems, backup power systems, system monitoring, management policies, and physical organization (documentation and architecture)
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply