Telecom Project Manager / Project Engineer
Location: Marietta, GA
FT - Direct Hire - Full Benefits package
$80,000-120,000 depending on experience.
Relocation Assistance for the right individuals.
- Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering (BS preferred)
Leading Edge Worldwide, LLC has an exciting Full Time, Direct Hire opportunity RF Project Manager / Project Engineer Marrietta, GE area. Our client is growing rapidly and is seeking career-minded individuals to join their team. We’re looking for individuals who are driven, enthusiastic and care about our community. More importantly, we like to hire people who are looking to grow with an organization and those who are excited about the ever-changing telecommunications industry.
The key function of the Project Manager or Project Engineer is to support clients with project requirement definitions, project planning, and project installation and implementation. The candidate will benefit from internal training in the corporate office (located in Marietta, GA). This will include training on general antenna measurement principles, as well as specific system technology implementation, through mentoring from and working with senior engineers & technicians. Advanced training may also take place periodically in our Paris headquarters with the Maintenance, Application, and Project teams, in order to gain appropriate knowledge of processes and details of our products. This position will give the candidates the opportunity to grow their knowledge within Telecommunications, RF technologies, antenna design, verification, and measurement, as well as certification procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Manage projects to ensure that the projects remain within the agreed scope, schedule, budget, and quality
2. Act as the liaison between the customer and other parties contributing to the project, including other other offices, and external contractors alike
3. Define and follow up on the production schedule
4. Coordinate purchasing and logistic actions related to the project, including management of any subcontractors utilized.
5. Participate in new system installations and calibrations at customer sites, providing assistance and clear guidance to the installation team as needed to ensure proper equipment installation
6. Perform validation tests after installation, insure project reporting requirements are fulfilled, and review the results of the calibration & installation with the calibration engineer and the customer
7. Review the completion of the project with the customer and provide feedback and reports to the Project Manager
SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
1. Ability to prioritize, schedule, and execute activities to efficiently accomplish tasks
2. Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly adjust tasks and travel priorities, according to customer needs
3. Capability and self-motivation to rapidly assimilate information, expand knowledge base, and develop core competencies. Applicants should be self-driven, seeking to assume responsibility and follow-through tasks to completion
4. Good interpersonal skills and customer-centric attitude
5. Ability to multitask and manage more than one project at the time
6. Capability to work within multi-disciplinary teams, and forge strong relationships in the process
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills
8. Must possess excellent computer skills, including knowledge of MS office and other common computer SW products (C# programming and MatLab experience are a plus.)
9. Ability to problem solve, and perform diagnostic repairs on our equipment (reading schematics, troubleshooting, and interacting with technical support to identify problems)
10. Good “hands-on” mechanical skills and/or aptitude
11. Fully authorized to work in the US. At this time, we will not consider sponsoring any Visa applications
DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE OR SKILLS:
1. 2-5 years’ experience preferred
2. Knowledge in Radio Frequency and Antenna fields is a plus. Metrology and/or Antenna Measurement experience valued.
3. Experience with network analyzers, spectrum analyzers and wireless communication protocols and test instruments preferred EDUCATIONAL AND/OR WORK REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
1. Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering (BS preferred) 2. Newly-graduated students may be considered
3. Travel (approximately 25%) throughout North America, and potential occasional visits to sites abroad. During the training period, heavier-than-usual travel should be anticipated.
LIFTING OR OTHER PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB:
1. Ability to lift at least 50 pounds over your head
2. Able to stand for long periods of time
3. Able to sit for long periods of time
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITION: Physical environment is generally safe with minimal health risk. No safety equipment or unusual precautions are required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Relocation Assistance
- Vision Insurance
- Telecom Project Management: 1 year (Required)
- wireless communication protocols and test: 1 year (Preferred)
- Radio Frequency and Antenna: 1 year (Required)
- Metrology and/or Antenna Measurement: 1 year (Preferred)
- network analyzers, spectrum analyzers: 1 year (Preferred)
- C# programming and MatLab : 1 year (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible