Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Provides prompt and coordinated care to ensure the patients needs are met. Works with patients and their physicians ensuring timely access for any needed testing or procedures as well as any anticipated future care.
1. Scheduling Criteria A: Coordinates scheduling for all biopsy patients and pdates demographic information in RIS system. Scheduling Criteria B: Acquires required prescription for exam. Scheduling Criteria C: Provides educational material pertaining to specific exam. Scheduling Criteria D: Emails daily updates on biopsy schedule to appropriate staff.
2. Screening/Preparation Criteria A: Clinically prescreens all biopsy patients working with their physicians for clearance. Screening/Preparation Criteria B: Ensures patients have not taken blood thinners 5 days prior to biopsies. Screening/Preparation Criteria C: Reviews patient allergies and medications and documents appropriately. Screening/Preparation Criteria D: Provides patient post care instructions in writing to the patient at the time of exam.
3. Documentation Criteria A: Quality control on all biopsy forms and Time Out documentation. Documentation Criteria B: Audits screening questionnaire for completeness and ensures Radiologist sign off. Documentation Criteria C: Provides copies of all required paperwork to Norwalk Hospital for audit. Documentation Criteria D: Completes consent form and pathology documentation.
4. Pathology Criteria A: Ensures pathology specimens have been logged and picked up daily. Pathology Criteria B: Obtains pathology reports and expedites the results to the Radiologist for addendums. Pathology Criteria C: Contacts patients physician to forward pathology results to correct surgeon. Pathology Criteria D: Contacts surgeons office to alert them of final pathology so the patient may be contacted.
5. Records Criteria A: Obtaining all necessary imaging prior to the patient arriving for their exam. Records Criteria B: Facilitates copies of images and reports for patients who need to see a breast surgeon. Records Criteria C: Compiles monthly statistics on number/type of biopsy and Radiologist stats. Records Criteria D: Ensures that all required paperwork for the following day's procedures are complete and accurate.
6. Patient Letters/Tracking Criteria A: Responsible for tracking BRAD 0 Recommend MRI patients on required log. Patient Letters/Tracking Criteria B: Responsible for entering BRAD 4,5,6 Recommend biopsy/surgical conult patients on required log. Patient Letters/Tracking Criteria C: Mails BRAD 0 recommend MRI letters to referring physicians/patients. Patient Letters/Tracking Criteria D: Mails BRAD 4,5,6 letters to referring physicians/patients.
7. Smilow Criteria A: Meets weekly at the Smilow Center with the surgeons, oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists and radiologists and nurses to provide updates on BRAD 4,5,6 patients. Smilow Criteria B: Works closely with the Smilow Breast Center for continuum of care for patients. Smilow Criteria C: Emails pathology report weekly to the nurse navigator at Smilow. Smilow Criteria D: Coordinates appropriate follow up care and additional testing.
8. Miscellaneous Criteria A: Attends required meetings with the clinical management team and brings important topics to discuss. Miscellaneous Criteria B: Greets all biopsy patients and is available at any time during the biopsy to assist as needed. Miscellaneous Criteria C:
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
Minimum of 3 years of customer service related employment preferred
Minimum Experience: three years
Desired: Exhibits a warm, caring and professional manner
Maintains a positive attitude and demonstrates respect and courtesy
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong customer service background
Ability to work independently
Location: Norwalk-148 East Ave
Work Type: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day 8
Work Shift: M-F 8:30a-5P
Org Unit: 406
- Cardio Pulminary Resuscitation
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
EOE, including disability/vets.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time