- Communication Skills
- Computer Skills
- Basic Math
The Donor Center Associate II will be responsible to perform physicals and obtain medical history and inform consents from prospective donors. Will
perform whole blood collections and automated blood collections on volunteer donors. Will assist with donor recruitment and coordination of directed and autologous blood donors.
Associate's Degree or equivalent in Medical Technology or equivalent related field of science. (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
3 years - Related and progressive experience (Required)
Experience in blood donation setting (Preferred)
Basic math calculations.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills important.
Computer knowledge and skills necessary.
Required Licenses and Certifications
Licensed Practical Nurse Licensed LPN in the District of Columbia (Preferred)
1. Recruit donors to meet the needs of Transfusion Medicine and Hospital patients through continuous consultation with the Blood Donor
Center Manager, Coordinator , and/or recruiter; serve as an information source for parents and physicians who have questions regarding
the autologous and directed donor program and serves as donor coordinator as needed.
2. Interview prospective donors to obtain detailed medical history; obtain appropriate specimens; assess patient information, laboratory data
and physical condition to determine suitability of donor according to established guidelines.
3. Explain donation procedure to prospective donors, assess understanding and modify presentation to assure the informed consent is
1. Routinely perform whole blood and automated collections in a manner which guarantees the maintenance of a sterile blood path; monitor donors continually for alterations in vital signs and adverse reactions.
1. Maintain documentation of all procedures to meet requirements of regulatory bodies; complete quality control checks on equipment.
1. Responsible for efficient and cost effective use of supplies and reagents; monitor supply inventories to assure adequate availability.
2. Search for less costly ways of performing duties.
1. Participate in continuing education opportunities available internally and/or externally.
1. Annual unscheduled absence episodes: NM: 6 or more PI: 4 - 5 or less VP: 3 or less ES: 2 or less EP: 1 or less
2. Available and punctual as scheduled
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others’ ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
Primary Location: District of Columbia-Washington
Work Locations: Sheikh Zayed Campus 111 Michigan Avenue Washington 20010
Job: Administrative Support / Customer Service
Organization: Patient Services
Regular / Temporary: R (Regular)
Position Status: FT - Full-Time
Work Schedule: Variable start times; occassional weekends
Job Posting: Oct 15, 2019, 12:06:52 PM