Fearless is looking for a User Experience / User Interface guru to work with us from "concept to code."
The UX/UI Designer will leverage user research methodologies to gain a holistic understanding of one of our premier clients' needs.
What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Collaborating on UX planning with the project team (project manager, developers, product owners, etc.), and working closely with a team of developers using agile methodologies and Git
- Researching interaction design and technology trends to provide specific UX direction and solutions to complex problems
- Turning complex ideas into easily-understood visuals
- Interviewing key stakeholders
- Conducting User Studies
- Developing User Personas
- Suggesting Information Architecture improvements
- Creating wireframes & interactive prototypes using InVision
- Creating multiple design comps based on discovery sessions with the client
- Creating a User Journey Map
- Redesigning the current client system
- Creating responsive comps
- Performing other duties as assigned
- 4-6 years of UX/UI design experience
- Strong conceptualization and visual communication abilities
- Experience with federal web design guidelines and standards for UI design
- Exceptional design skills, production value, and attention to detail
- Productive in a client-facing environment
- Understanding of common software development and agile development practices
- Killer portfolio with variety of industries and deliverables represented, beyond a static website
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, New Media Design or related design field
Why Fearless Solutions?
Great people are the foundation of any great company. To attract and retain great people, we offer fulfilling work that stays in balance with the rest of life. Because everyone has different needs, desires, and goals, our benefits offer the choices and flexibility people need to live well and succeed. Here are a few highlights of our benefits package:
- Individual yearly tech allowance
- Birthday off - you should be celebrating, not working!
- Education and training allowance
- We cover 100% of the employee-only premium for HSA, HMO, or PPO plan
- Free parking in downtown Baltimore
- Highly competitive 401(k) plan, with employer contributions
- Generous paid leave plan: 15 days PTO, 10 Federal Holidays, and an additional 5 sick days - that's 30 days total!
- All the purple swag you can wear!
Fearless is a rapidly growing software engineering company headquartered in the heart of Baltimore's Inner Harbor. We deliver innovative, leading-edge products, solutions, and services to customers worldwide. At Fearless, we are always learning, exploring, and looking for new ways to put our knowledge and experience to work. We are dedicated to advancing the discipline of software engineering through imagination, technical excellence, and unparalleled passion for our work. Fearless is also a pretty good place to work.
Fearless is committed to breaking the mold of traditional employers to create a truly enriching professional environment, and a place where all employees can find the correct work/life balance. EOE/M/F/D/V.