The Investigative Support Analyst supports Postal Inspection Service criminal programs, including, but not limited to, mail fraud, narcotics, prohibited mailings, money laundering, and organized crime. This position will be embedded with the HSI Financial Investigations Task Force focusing on 3rd Party Money Laundering, providing investigative and analytical support to the Inspection Service. The ideal candidate will have a financial background, experience acquiring, integrating, and analyzing large volumes of data, performing investigative and/or financial analysis, and producing work products that advance investigations. Of particular interest are money laundering analysts proficient with tools that aggregate data and facilitate analysis.
The compensation being offered will be an hourly rate of $39.07 which is an equivalent of $75,005.00 if you were to work the available 160 hours each month. You would also be eligible for all the benefits offered by WRG including sick leave, a 401(k) plan and an opportunity to participate in our Health, Vision and Dental programs.
2675 Prosperity Avenue, Fairfax, VA
Skills and Ability Requirements
- General knowledge of federal statutes;
- Knowledge of US anti-money laundering laws and their practical application within financial institutions;
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing sufficient to express thoughts and ideas to a variety of people;
- Proficiency conducting research on the internet and commercial as well as public databases;
- Demonstrated significant ability to assist in the analysis of investigative results and present sound recommendations for additional investigative action;
- Extensive experience assisting in the development of civil and/or criminal cases for presentation to the appropriate prosecution authority;
- Extensive experience performing the appropriate analytical techniques and methods during an investigation;
- Demonstrated extensive experience supporting complex criminal and/or civil investigations;
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direct supervision;
- Extensive experience supporting the preparation of a final work product.
Work Duties and Tasks
Include, but are not limited to:
Review and analyze business records; trace proceeds of illegal activity in order to prepare cash flow analysis; perform personal wealth analysis and related financial transactions; present findings in reports and presentations in non-technical terminology to various audiences.
Data-mine Postal records and other databases to identify fraudulent activity; prepare reports documenting analytical results; disseminate research results to appropriate contact(s) in a timely manner.
Planning and Preparation
Complete assigned tasks to ensure completion within required timeframes to support the criminal or civil investigation, as appropriate; assist Postal Inspectors with developing intelligence for criminal investigations; prepare initial investigative research; compile basic background information to include, but not limited to, researching all pertinent records and other data.
Responsible for documenting and reporting analytical results, creating graphic displays and reports that present clear and concise representations of the information analyzed; and disseminating data as required by the assigned task(s).
Required Education and Work Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university AND a minimum of five years of experience demonstrating the ability to review financial information, conduct analysis, conduct research, communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Required Security Clearance
A security clearance is required.
When communicating with West River Group about this position, include your email address, and use the Task Order designation FY19-026A.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $39.07 /hour
- Anti-Money Laundering: 3 years (Required)