POSITION: Desktop Support Technician
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Director, Information Technology
MANAGES: No direct reports
LOCATION: Salt Lake City, UT
sPower is an established and rapidly growing renewable energy company headquartered in Salt Lake City, with additional offices in San Francisco, Long Beach, and Richmond. The Desktop Support Technician’s role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization’s end-user computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all end-user devices and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance. The person will also troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by remote tools, by telephone, or via chat) in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform onsite analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex computer problems for end users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Accurately document instances of equipment failure, repair installation and removal, as well as moves and changes.
- Record and manage equipment sent to repair depots for equipment under warranty or service contracts.
- Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user workstations and related hardware and software to meet required desktop support service levels.
- Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to end-user devices based on software technical specifications.
- Collaborate with the IT Director and System Administrators to ensure efficient operation of the company’s end-user computing environment.
- Where required, administer and resolve issues with associated end-user workstation networking software products.
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, service desk tickets, email, or chat regarding equipment incidents.
- Perform moves, adds, and changes requests as they are submitted by managers.
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and upholding procedures for logging, reporting, and statistically monitoring end-user device operations.
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all hardware, software, licenses, and other components and equipment as needed.
- If necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Other duties as required.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- Excellent technical knowledge of hardware, including laptops, docking stations, VoIP Phones, multi-function printers/copiers, audio-visual equipment, and mobile devices.
- Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Working technical knowledge of common business systems and software, including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Professional, Acrobat, and video conferencing.
- Familiarity of core concepts including networking, virtualization, file and print services, and backups.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives, and the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or 3+ years equivalent work experience.
- CompTIA A+, Net+, Security+ or equivalent preferred.
- Submit application through careers page at sPower.com
About sPower: Headquartered in Salt Lake City, with offices in San Francisco, Long Beach and Richmond. sPower is a leading independent power producer (IPP) with 150+ operating projects (1.3GW) across the U.S. Established in 2012, sPower is led by a seasoned management team with a 25-year proven track record of working together to successfully manage multifaceted public and private organizations in the energy sector. sPower is now acquired by AES and AIMCO. For more information, visit www.spower.com
Job Type: Full-time
- United States (Preferred)