The purpose of the HR Manager position is to provide HR expertise and counsel to the plant management.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Manage the HR generalist function including Safety. Provide HR expertise and counsel to plant management.
- Ensure a union free environment through participatory management techniques. Provides direct building/floor coverage, facilitates forums/meetings/ad-hoc task forces and coordinates major company events for 24/5 and 2/2/3/7 work schedules.
- Works closely as a member of the plant Leadership team in the identification, investigation, and resolution of employee relations issues.
- Develops, administers and communicates corporate policies including fair and equitable disciplinary practices. Tracks, reports, analyzes turnover data and develops and implements retention plans. Updates the monthly safety report.
- Responsible for the timely recruitment of full time and part time employees: sourcing resumes and applications, pre-screening, background checks, postings, interviewing, new hire orientation, and maintaining all appropriate files.
- Conduct Front Line Leadership training and other applicable training initiatives conducive to business growth and development.
- Bachelors’s degree in Management, Psychology or HR preferred.
- 5—7 years of HR generalist experience in a manufacturing environment
- Training background highly desired, specifically in leadership development and six sigma concepts
- Excellent demonstrated communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in all MS computer applications
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
Job Type: Full-time
- HR generalist: 7 years (Required)