Steel Point Solutions is an amazing SBA Certified (8a), HUBZone, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), and a Woman-Owned Small Business (WOSB) company. Established in 2013 with a vision of offering world-class, integrated business solutions for all levels of Government and commercial enterprises. We are represented by a team of talented and qualified professionals who know how essential efficient, cost-effective integrated solutions are to your organization’s success. Leveraging these resources, we strive daily to lead the industry in program management and service delivery.
The Configuration Manager plans and manages CM and engineering teams in the performance of CM tasks and in the execution of configuration control: engineering and governance boards and forums activity to baseline; and analyzing, updating, and maintaining the technical baseline in support of interoperability, integration of IT services/systems, and IT governance for NGA and the NSG. Responsibilities
- Lead Quality Assurance of all RFCs at all stages of development.
- Lead the development and maintenance of baselines.
- Ensure the configuration management process is documented, introduced, and implemented according to guidelines from the process owner.
- Conduct change and configuration management at the project and program levels for systems, services, and capabilities developed using traditional and agile methods.
- Interface with the enterprise configuration management team.
- Identify and implement opportunities in terms of processes and tools to execute in a more agile and efficient manner.
- Lead and support configuration change tracking and documentation control to include, but not limited to concepts of operation, requirements identification and documentation, preliminary and detailed system definition, systems and applications interfaces (point-to-point and APIs), system design review, performance monitoring tools, and production software.
- Guide Junior-level configuration managers performing configuration management tasks.
- Assist the government to validate and certify system configuration changes.
- Perform audits on CMDB and Cis while keeping it updated.
- Interface with the Enterprise MBSE tools and provide input and extract data.
- Serve as the CM authority for reviewing software code deliveries and managing code libraries.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Sciences, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, or related science, technology, and mathematics (STEM) degree with 6-12 years relevant work experience.
- Mid-level experience in configuration and change management principles.
- Must have atlassian tools experience. (GIT, Sourceforge, or Bitbucket)
- Previous IC or DoD program/project experience
- Experience in government or industry, within configuration management.
- Experience using ITIL v3.
- Experience maintaining baseline and CMDB using platforms such as Remedy and ServiceNow.
- Experience on maintaining the baseline for efforts using Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Experience maintaining the baseline for cloud-based systems.
- Certification in the configuration management career field such as:
- National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA) Configuration and Data Management (CDM) certification
- The Configuration Management Process Improvement Center (CMPIC) Certification
- The Institute for Public Excellence (IPX) CM2 Comprehensive Certification (CM2-C)
Top Secret/ SCI clearance required
Steel Point Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.