As an Internal Communications Specialist with Michigan Schools & Government Credit Union, your main focus would be to support the organization’s internal communications strategy through a variety of communication channels including multimedia, online, and a team member portal. You would also develop and deliver a dynamic architecture of effective internal communications that promote team member engagement and is in alignment with MSGCU’s strategic objectives and desired future state.
At Michigan Schools and Government Credit Union, we pride ourselves on maintaining a culture that attracts, engages, develops and retains talented team members. With such a strong emphasis on trust, we not only strive to provide fair and competitive offerings, but we act with integrity. We take pride in all that we do, which is why we consistently receive high marks in overall satisfaction from our membership. We strive for 100% quality and accuracy no matter what...because our members not only expect it, but deserve it as well.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Human Resources, Business Administration, or another closely related field
- 2 years of internal communications experience including corporate communications, writing, and editing.
- 2 years of digital content creation (written and designed) and video production experience preferred.
- Preferred technology experience includes Adobe CS (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Flash, Acrobat, and Captivate); web/portal software; HTML; and creation of visually effective graphics, multi-media, and digital signage (such as Four Winds Interactive).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches, develops, designs, and implements messaging through multiple channels of direct and indirect communications for all team members, potential team members, and other target audiences as appropriate, in the form of: written announcements, photography, podcasts, videos, training demos, presentations, user surveys, annual team member report, etc.
- Develops and maintains team member portal and in-house microsites, effectively using concepts that include organization, web design, and are aligned with organizational philosophies. Serves as primary liaison with the portal vendor to continuously explore ways to enhance and improve the end user experience.
- Maintains an internal communications calendar for the organization and proactively reaches out to stakeholders to keep communication timing on track.
- Develops and manages internal digital signage network content to help drive results, engagement, and deliver key messages. Partners with stakeholders to identify objectives, create templates, and ensure content is relevant and up to date at all times.
Indeed Hire, is working with Michigan Schools & Government Credit Union, to find an Internal Communications Specialist to join their team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Digital Content Creation: 1 year
- Adobe Create Suite (eg. photoshop): 1 year
- Internal Communications (corp comm, writing, editing): 2 years
- Troy, MI: Between 21 and 30 miles