What you’ll be doing…
The Commercial Territory Manager is responsible for driving sales of Tableau products within a defined geographic territory of Commercial accounts. This role manages all aspects of the sales process including prospecting, lead management, qualification, product demonstrations, evaluation, close and account care. This is a quota‐carrying sales position that plays an integral role in the success of the overall sales team.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
Who you are…
- Define and execute territory sales plans and then meet and exceed sales goals (quotas) through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities within the assigned geographic territory
- Develop and manage sales pipeline – prospect and assess new sales potential while moving a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering
- Provide initial product demonstrations and general support to prospective customers
- Nurture and expand the company’s relationship within customer accounts within geographic territory
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast through the CRM system
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Practice effective, excellent communication with management, customers and support staff
- Participate in team‐building and company‐growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care.
- Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts.
- Performer. 2+ years of direct selling experience acquiring and/or growing existing customer accounts (outbound prospecting experience a plus)
- Amazing Salesperson. Desire to bring new customers into the Tableau franchise and maximize revenue. Consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory.
- Energy and Enthusiasm. Experience with building, developing and growing channel life cycles.
- Technically Savvy. Experience with analytics, data, databases, predictive modeling, or business intelligence preferred.
- Experienced. Bachelor's Degree with a technical or business focus preferred.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.