The Al Udeid Expeditionary Medical Facilities Management group manages the day to day maintenance of the Hospital and all associated buildings. The Medical Gas Service Technician will certify and service medical gas systems at the direction of the Maintenance Manager under the direction of the Healthcare Facility Manager. The Medical Gas Service Technician will perform preventative maintenance and service on medical air and vacuum systems, compressors and ventilation systems. As required the MGST will repair equipment throughout the medical facilities.
Location: Al Udeid Air Base - Qatar
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a healthcare facility setting with Medical Gas.
- Must be able to obtain ASSE 6040 Certification with in 6 months after employment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Medical Gas Technician shall be familiar with waste anesthetic gas disposal (WADG) systems, implements procedures to reduce exposure to WAG’s and identify exposure risks to WAG’s.
- Medical Gas Technician shall be familiar with portable compressed gas systems and how to mitigate risks associated with compressed gas.
- Demonstrated competence within their scope and is proficient in and experienced in the maintenance of medical gas and vacuum systems covered by the ASSE Series 6000 Standard.
- Medical Gas Technician will use their knowledge of product performance, system and system component testing, documenting and recording, and medical gas terminology to maintain and repair the medical gas system within the Medical Facilities.
- Under the direction of the MM will perform regular maintenance of medical gas systems.
- Will take a proactive approach and conduct regular inspections throughout all medial facilities.
- Understand and adhere to all HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) regulations.
- Understand and adhere to all policies when using Government issues computer systems.
- Keeps extensive records of equipment checks, both for maintenance and repair.
- Maintains inventories and records supplies and parts.
- Document trouble and other reports, the work performed, and any system or configurations changes.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- May be required to complete work near patients and must avoid disturbing them.
- Attends and participates in a variety of meetings and task force groups to improve quality and outcomes, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, new task efforts, and new policy requirements.
- Shall understand and practice the precepts of the American Hospital Associations Bill of Rights for patients.
- Must have a current US Passport.
- Must have a valid US Driver’s License.
- Must sign a CHS Foreign Service Agreement (FSA) and is bound to the terms and conditions of the FSA.
- Must be able to attain a US Government Security Clearance as required by contract
- Attend DMLSS training as required.
- Shall be proficient in the ability to speak, write, and communicate in English.
- Shall demonstrate proficiency in the use of basic word processing programs and the CHS Medical Management Systems software.
- Must be confirmed by a medical examination to be “medically and dentally fit” in accordance CHS Medical Readiness Guidelines and Policies and/or as dictated by the Client.
- No conditions that would prevent the wear of personal protective equipment; including protective mask, ballistic helmet, body armor and chemical/biological protective garments or conditions that would prevent the capability of donning, lifting or carrying of up to 70 lbs. of referenced gear while running to a bunker or protected area in the face of perceived or imminent danger.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
Caliburn International is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.
Caliburn International LLC is a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents.
Caliburn Medical Services supports the health and well-being of civilian and military workforce partners. We are one of the nation’s largest and most experienced providers of medical management services to international customers, the U.S. Government, and commercial clients. Our medical management solutions are technology-driven and grounded in best practices. We are committed to protecting employee, company, and partner information and we comply with all government and industry standards. For more information about Caliburn and our career opportunities, visit us at www.caliburnintl.com.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time