- Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Disability Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customer's mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
About L3Harris Technologies
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
We are currently seeking a Director of Operations to contribute to the success and growth of Operations group which includes Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Environmental Health and Safety, Facilities, Quality & Mission Assurance, and Continuous Improvement.
Essential Functions of the role:
1. Develops the manufacturing plan and establishes procedures for maintaining high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
2. Achieves optimum employee levels with the least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan.
3. Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
4. Defines, schedules, and manages all cost proposal activities for manufacturing related elements of proposals.
5. Directs and monitors department management to accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with established manufacturing and safety procedures. Acts as liaison between department management/subordinate levels, as well as executive/department manager levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
6. Hires, trains, develops and evaluates staff. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
7. Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data.
8. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
9. Directs and coordinates various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
10. Initiates and coordinates major projects (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
11. Participates in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives with the senior management team in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
12. Report out to senior executive team
Required skills (minimum 10 years of experience):
1. Skills in general and strategic business management, innovative and visionary planning, analyzing and decision making, effective leadership, communications and customer relations.
2. In-depth knowledge of related technologies, market and business processes
3. A working knowledge of United States of America & foreign military government contracts, and associated Federal Acquisition Requirements (FAR) & Defense Federal Acquisition Requirements (DFAR).
5. Performance Management
6. Project Management
7. Communication Proficiency
8. Technical Capacity
9. Stress Management/Composure
10. Business Acumen
11. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
12. Problem Solving/Analysis
13. Presentation Skills
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent years of experience.
Our employees enjoy a generous benefit package which includes the following:
9/80 Work Schedule (with every other Friday off)
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Health Savings Plans
Life and Disability Insurance Plans
Retirement Savings Plans
Paid Time Off
Various Voluntary Benefits
L3Harris is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V and we make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.