- Communication Skills
- Supervising Experience
- Fiscal Management
Join SCAD Savannah as Associate Dean of Digital Media and provide students with the guidance to express their ideas and develop their personal vision. In this position, you will assist with daily operations and management of digital media, allowing the dean to concentrate on directing and addressing multiple high-visibility projects and provide direction to the department chairs.
You will support program quality, student success for assigned schools, strategy development, administration of assigned programs and areas of study, and setting and implementing academic policies and procedures. You will also assist in overseeing, developing and evaluating the department chairs; curriculum, student learning and support, faculty development, and resource allocation. The Associate Dean of Digital Media also collaborates with the dean, associate chairs and chairs of undergraduate studies and graduate studies on matters related to academic development and assessment.
The ideal candidate has experience in curriculum-development and university-level teaching, with leadership and supervisory experience in academia preferred. You demonstrate innovation, energy, and personal and professional integrity, as well as superior interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills.
Additionally, the ability to motivate and lead students and faculty from diverse backgrounds is essential. Networking skills, industry contacts and demonstrated success in fund raising and grant development are preferred.
– Terminal degree or its equivalent in film and television, digital media, animation, interactive design, game development, motion media, visual effects or immersive media
– Exemplary personnel and fiscal management capabilities
– Experience in dealing with external organizations in business and industry, government agencies, and accrediting groups
– A successful career as a faculty member, including a reputation for high academic standards and innovation in curriculum and pedagogy
– Professional experience in related industries