This recruitment will be used to fill one part-time (a maximum of 20 hours per week) Student Clerical (Office/Shipping Assistant) position for Extension and Experiment Station Communications (EESC) at Oregon State University (OSU).
This position has been established to provide publications and promotional items order fulfillment and office support for EESC. Duties include publications/promotional items order fulfillment, general clerical work, entering keywords in a photo database, and other duties/projects as assigned.
The position will be for the 2018 – 2019 academic year, with potential for continued employment in future academic terms. There is a potential for future summer and break employment based on student interest and unit need.
Must be able to lift 30 pounds and occasionally work on a warehouse ladder (elevated surface).
- Publications/promotional items order fulfillment – processing publication/promotional items orders including printing invoices, creating shipping labels, and packing shipments.
- Customer service – answering phones; using office email or messaging to follow up with customers, faculty, and staff.
- Mail support – mail sorting, collection, and distribution; handling of packages.
- Maintenance tasks – organizing office supplies, putting supplies away, and reporting low amounts of supplies; tidying and maintaining common spaces; emptying recycle bins, collecting and recycling cardboard; refilling paper trays and changing toner.
- Various errands across the OSU campus.
- Digital asset (photos) assistance – enter keywords for photos into online database, scan photos, monitor Facebook, and Twitter for use of EESC photos and other photo related projects.
- EESC team support – various small projects which may include internet research, Web analytics, link checking, running catalog reports, document preparation, and web publishing.
- Other support duties or projects as assigned.
Additional Required Qualifications
- Employment Eligibility Requirements (http://fa.oregonstate.edu/stu-manual/500-employment-eligibility-requirements)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be an OSU student with 2 or more academic years until graduation (i.e., graduating in June 2020 or later)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Availability to work during office hours (8-noon and 1-5pm, M-F). There is flexibility within those timeslots.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds and occasionally work on a warehouse ladder (elevated surface).
Preferred (Special) Qualifications
- Able to manage time and coordinate tasks
- Experience with packing items for shipping
- Familiarity with word processing and spreadsheet software applications
- Interest in or understanding of photography
- Database experience
Working Conditions / Work Schedule
Work schedule falls within the EESC
office hours of 8-noon and 1-5pm, M-F.
Posting Detail Information
Number of Vacancies
Anticipated Appointment Begin Date
Anticipated Appointment End Date
Full Consideration Date
Indicate how you intend to recruit for this search
Competitive / Student - open to ALL qualified/eligible students
Special Instructions to Applicants
When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
1) A Resume addressing the required job qualifications, including expected graduation date.
2) A cover letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
3) You will also be required to submit the names of at least three professional or educational references, their email addresses and telephone numbers as part of the application process. This can be uploaded as ‘Other Document 1’ if not included with your Resume.
For additional information please contact: Peter Petryszak at 541-737-0804 or email@example.com.
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
Note: All job offers are contingent upon Human Resources final approval.