Viad (pronounced VEE-ahd) is an S&P SmallCap 600 international experiential services company with operations in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, continental Europe, and the United Arab Emirates. Viad generates its revenue and shareholder value through two main business units: GES, a global full-service live events company serving the world’s leading brands and event organizers and Pursuit, a collection of iconic and cultural destination travel experiences that showcase the best of Banff, Jasper, Glacier, Denali and Kenai Fjords National Parks. Our business strategy focuses on providing exceptional experiential services to our customers and sustainable returns on invested capital to our shareholders.
Reporting to the General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, this high level role will provide administrative support to the Corporate Legal staff and execute administrative policies and procedures under the direction of the General Counsel. Duties performed range from a low to high degree of complexity and require flexibility and willingness to perform at these multiple task levels.
- Manage the General Counsel’s calendar, schedules, and appointments
- Manage the Legal Department’s calendar, invoices, and check requests, and assist with monthly accrual and department budgeting.
- Screens and routes incoming calls and correspondence, responding independently when possible.
- General office duties, including delivering mail, preparing courier packages, ordering and maintaining office supplies
- Cultivates and maintains positive and professional relationships with internal staff and clients.
- Organizes programs, conferences, meetings, and client and company events by arranging facilities and caterers, issuing information or invitations, coordinating speakers, and controlling event budget.
- Compose and prepare confidential correspondence, reports, and other complex documents using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Assists with Board of Directors and Committee meeting materials
- Assists in developing high-end written PowerPoint presentations and Excel reports for the General Counsel and Legal team including, updating monthly/quarterly department budgets, and maintaining internal tracking Excel spreadsheets.
- Creates and maintains databased and spreadsheet files for department.
- Provides support for the Always Honest program
- Provides support for the Real Estate department by inputting data into CoStar and generating general notices.
- Maintains legal resource subscriptions and memberships for General Counsel and Legal team.
- Arranges complex and detailed travel arrangements and itineraries.
- Maintains confidentiality of all corporate, personnel, and research matters.
- Reconciles staff’s corporate credit card accounts, prepares, and submits expense reports.
- Assist on special projects as need.
- Performs other duties as assigned and deemed necessary under the direction of the General Counsel.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years previous administrative or office management experience at the management level.
- Experience supporting lawyers or corporate legal department preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, ability to type 60-65 wpm.
- Familiarity with Oracle and CoStar preferred.
- Ability to maintain highly confidential and detailed material.
- Ability to work independently, be flexible, prioritize work, and manage time efficiently in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Well-developed interpersonal verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter with a cooperative attitude and work well with others.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Should be open to occasional overtime.
Our team members are our family, so we help our team members care for their families. The rewards of joining Viad are extensive. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full-time employees. Here are some of the highlights:
And much more…
- Competitive salaries
- 401K with company match
- Healthcare/vision/dental insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation time
- Community involvement opportunities
- Team activities
Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability.