Job Purpose for Teaching Assistant: To provide educational, behavioral and communication support to children, under the direction of a Certified Special Education Teacher.
Job Requirements of Teaching Assistant:
- Previous experience working with individuals in a special education setting is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 18 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or Degree.
- Must have a valid Fingerprint Clearance.
- Must be willing and able to care for energetic children.
- Must be responsible, energetic, patient, and have a willingness to learn.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities of Teaching Assistant:
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking: Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Coordination: Adjusting to actions in relation to others' actions.
- Time Management: Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and record data.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Job Duties/Responsibilities Teaching Assistant:
- Implementing IEP objectives.
- Delivering reinforcement to improve desired behaviors.
- Follow behavior plans to help reduce problem behaviors and increase appropriate, adaptive behavior.
- Act in a manner consistent with George Gervin Academy’s, mission, values and policies and procedures.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Special education: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person