Job Title: Project Manager - Facility Assessment Professional
Department: Asset Management
Reports To: Program Manager or Project Manager Team Leader
Location: Chicago Metropolitan Area
Prestigious construction management firm actively seeks skilled Project Manager with a facilities assessment background and experience with HVAC and ADA surveys. Excellent opportunity for someone seeking growth opportunities with a top firm.
This position will be focused on the Chicago Metropolitan Area; however,some travel to other locations may be required at times in the future. This position will support our Asset Management Division, which has a focus on supporting our clients through facility consulting and capital planning exercises. Project types include K-12 public schools. The candidate will conduct the on-site inspection,testing/assessment, and will prepare a written analysis of findings.
The Facility Assessment Professional will be responsible for performing building evaluations/capital planning and maintenance management consulting, such as Facility Condition Assessments (FCA), energy audits,accessibility assessments, mechanical equipment evaluations, and/or other technical services associated with commercial, institutional, and/or municipal facilities.
On-sites can occur up to one continuous week at a time,or typically at least one or two days per week. No week-end travel required, apart from occasional Sunday evening departures to accommodate a Monday early start. As a general expectation, 30%-50% of the Project Manager’s time will include travel and on-site work.
Education and Primary Qualifications:
· 5+ years’ experience in Project Management
· Preference given to those experienced in Heating,Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) equipment and ADA surveys.
· B.S./B.A. in Architecture and/or Engineering is preferred, but not required.
· Candidates will have experience in one or more of the following: Facility Design, Building Construction, Assessments, and/or Maintenance Management.
· Proficient Technical writing skills
· Ability to use and skillfully operate an electronic tablet efficiently in the field for live data collection is essential to this position.
· Ability to travel to each job site in the Chicago Metropolitan area
· Physical ability to climb, sit, kneel, walk for extended periods of time, crawl, balance or lift heavy equipment.
· Personal credit sufficient to charge business travel expenses of up to $3,000 required.
· Must have a clean driving record
· Must be willing to fly and live near (or be willing to relocate to) a major metropolitan area with reasonable access to a major airport.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with company employees and customers
· Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications with a strong emphasis in MS Excel
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent time management skills including ability to perform multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and ability to work independently.
· Excellent computer skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
· Preference given to but not required: Registered Architect, Professional Engineer, Certified Energy Manager, BPI Building Analyst, HERS II Rater, HERS Building Performance Contractor, Multifamily Green Point Rater, and/or Certified Energy Engineering Professional.
· Valid driver's license is required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· This position may include managerial responsibility to company leadership on the successful execution of project schedules, daily staff coordination, budget adherence and location-specific access coordination.
· Capable of representing our company to client representatives regarding project progress, addressing and correcting project coordination and execution concerns, aggregating and synthesizing findings of other field data collection staff, and overall client satisfaction with company services.
· Conduct client-facing, on-site inspections and building condition assessments. Conducts a walk-through survey of the accessible and visible major building systems (roofs, mechanical,electrical, and plumbing, etc.), structure and foundations. Provides photographic documentation of site and building features and documents observations.
· Prepare written reports and analysis that accurately describe findings including entering site information into capital planning databases and tablet-based data-collection applications.
· Observes property’s mechanical systems, components,equipment and conditions, for the purpose of identifying system type,condition, expected remaining useful life and significant physical deficiencies.
· Records measurements and quantities to develop planning level cost estimates to replace or remedy physical deficiencies.
· Conducts interviews with the owner (or their on-site representative), tenants, service providers, local government agencies, and other individuals knowledgeable about the subject property and its systems.
· Reviews repair/improvement costs incurred by tenants/ownership along with the following documents (if available): certificate(s) of occupancy, maintenance reports and logs, elevator safety inspection reports, Building and Fire Department inspection reports, and warranty information.
· Some future travel with overnight stays may be required to regional, national and international client sites via plane and/or driving. Overnight stays away from home may be required.
· Enhances professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications,establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
· Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by studying new and existing legislation; anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on necessary action.
· Follows all documented policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and work Instructions applicable to the position and support of company's quality and safety standards.
· See specific Project Manager level guidelines for information on each PM level. The parameters of these levels are to be used as general guidelines. In addition to these guidelines, level changes are also dependent on the business needs.
How to Apply:
Please email detailed and current resume for immediate and entirely confidential hiring consideration.
Job Type: Full-time