Edge Plastics Inc. is an injection molding manufacturing company located in Mansfield, Ohio. We manufacture household, commercial, recreational, and industrial storage containers for large and small retailers across the United States and Canada.
It's an exciting time at Edge! Our company is growing and reinvesting in high-efficient machinery and automation equipment while expanding product lines as we continue to capture market share. At Edge, we strive to develop and foster a culture that is welcoming, collaborative, and performance based. Our people are our core and we are passionate about their success!
We are looking for a Plant Operations Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. The Plant Operations Manager will oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed. The Plant Operations Manager will develop, implement, and manage to processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
- Manages the overall safety, quality, scheduling, production, shipping, maintenance, and other administrative functions for the facility.
- Leads the effort and drives performance of the company by setting metrics, expectations, and goals for the company.
- Continuous improvement of injection mold plastics manufacturing processes and management methods to generate improved plant performance and workflow optimization and efficiencies.
- Plant engineering and maintenance (equipment and facilities).
- Inventory and materials management.
- Capital planning and implementation.
- Overall budget, spending, and headcount.
- Assesses and manages the salaried staff and hourly employees within the plant.
- Oversees/coordinates on-going training and compliance of team members.
- Perform and document disciplinary actions for policy/procedure infractions.
- Ensure the facility provides the highest quality products produced in the most efficient manner and within budgetary confines.
- Strive to improve the plant’s safety accident record year over year in creating positive safety culture for all employees. Conduct safety walks of the facility on a weekly basis.
- Manages profit and loss for the facility and drives plant performance and reviews KIP’s regularly.
- Conducts talent reviews. Trains, develops, and motivates staff to optimize the workforce. Delivers performance reviews and any feedback to the team as needed.
- Conducts weekly staff meetings which focus on key operative measurements.
- Works as necessary to establish positive community relationships.
- Needs to have the availability to respond to any emergency type situations that may require off hours or weekend support. Edge Plastics operates on a 24/7/365 basis.
- Provide direction and support during schedule interruptions to accommodate emergency requests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience with plastic injection molding environment is highly desired.
- Experience managing to ISO or equivalent quality standards.
- Well-rounded operations management experience including a deep understanding and experience with operations tactics, lean manufacturing, and continuous improvement, strategies and best practices and process discipline.
- Knowledge of production processes, raw materials, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Track record of excellent judgment and decision-making ability.
- Ability to successfully work to reach company goals in an environment in which a wide degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to effectively set and communicate expectations & directives to manufacturing staff.
- Results driven, analytical, self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to logically identify alternative solutions or approaches to complex problems.
- Must have demonstrated accountability at the plant management level and have a strong track record of successful execution.
- Demonstrated success as an innovative manufacturing leader.
- Demonstrated ability to manage operations efficiently and effectively with excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes.
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Business Management or related field, Master's degree a plus.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of senior plant management level experience in a high-speed manufacturing and operations environment.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary range between $110,000 - $140,000 based on education and experience.
- Eligible for a bonus plan ranging up to 30% of annual salary depending on company and individual performance.
- Full range of health, vision, and dental benefits available on first day of employment.
- Employer matched 401k program.
- Company paid life insurance.
- Voluntary benefits include: STD, LTD, and additional life and AD&D insurance.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $110,000.00 - $140,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Work Location: One location