High profile position, within Discover Lean Group, reporting to Lean Architect (Director). Based in Riverwoods, IL.
Discover is a strong company with several reasons to celebrate, including award winning customer feedback, industry-leading employee feedback and strong financial performance. To enhance our edge, wed like to be faster, focus even more on the customer, and be more efficient with more transparency. To help do this, weve launched Discover Management System – DMS – a system of managing and working, based on the principles of Lean Management that will engage everyone to continuously improve what we do every day.
The Change Agent will play a critical role in implementing this company-wide transformation. He/she will be part of a select team of highly skilled and motivated individuals that runs the transformation in specific areas, and is responsible for ensuring the transformations success,
The Change Agent will help in implementing the management system across Discover. He/She will be responsible for:
- Diagnosing the current state of the business with the help of business partners. Conducting interviews, gathering data, and analyzing current business performance
- Supporting business leaders (Managers, Directors) in the design of the management system and process related solutions in their area
- Developing the skill sets of 1-3 business leaders and their teams in lean management tools such as visual management, performance management, problem solving, and implementation of standard work
- Coaching the leaders on how to shift the mindsets and behaviors of themselves and their teams to instill a culture of continuous improvement
- Owning the implementation and maturity of DMS tools and practices within a business area, and communicating progress to program leadership
- Develop and enhance lean training material. Act as instructor for training sessions
- Lead problem-solving activities to define problems, determine root causes, create and test options, implement and standardize solutions
- The Change Agent will work closely with a team of 4-6 other change team members and will be jointly responsible for the development of the program
- Be a thought partner to leadership on program-related matters
- Help coach newer members of the change team to be effective change agents within 6 months of starting in team
Discover promotes a risk-aware culture and ensures efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelors Degree
- 7 or more years of work experience in Lean, Six Sigma or related continuous improvement areas
- Experienced in change management and influencing people without authority.
- Open to change, persistent, can improve a process and drive impact
- Demonstrated track record of building or improving a continuous improvement program
- Strong communications (oral and written)
- Interpersonal, presentation and organization skills
- High ability to drive work with some direction
- High comfort with ambiguity
- Demonstrated comfort with MS Office tools including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Team player: Ability to work well with others, to build credibility quickly, and to improve a teams performance. Can listen carefully to others, and understand and respond appropriately to messages, explicit or implied (e.g., body language)
- Strong problem solver: Able to structure, analyze, and synthesize findings, identify root causes, and develop pragmatic recommendations.
- Able to develop a solution and solve problems both creatively and independently
- Able to identify and leverage team members unique skills to maximize team performance
- Advanced degree (MBA or other Masters degree) preferred
- Experience in developing, coaching and mentoring employees and leaders
- Prior experience in Lean transformations
- Prior experience with Lean in Headquarter functions (i.e. not operations or support functions)
- Green Belt or Black Belt certification preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.