When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The Field Service Engineer will provide onsite customer support and service for Industrial Control Equipment for Metals/Web Processing Production Lines. This equipment measures the thickness of different materials during the process. This position requires 75% domestic/international travel and must also be available to work a flexible schedule to support a 24/7 service operation.
What will you do?
- Facilitate and/or complete scheduled maintenance, nuclear inspections, emergency break/fix repairs, and installation support as required.
- Administrative functions such as service reports, install reports, timecards, expense reports, repair tags, weekly schedule updates, daily check-ins.
- Provide customer support and to ensure high customer satisfaction by meeting and exceeding expectations.
- Participate in rotating weekly on-call schedule.
- Provide routine feedback to management and the sales department.
How will you get here?
AS technical degree and/or equivalent military or technical experience
- Experience performing capital equipment installations; electro/mechanical abilities; ability to read electrical schematics
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting skills, and understanding of industrial process control systems to analyze, troubleshoot, and determine root cause of issues
- Excellent communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate technical content to peers and management and support conclusions and recommendations
- Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Wonderware (plus)
- Knowledge and experience with plastic and metal manufacturing processes
This position has not been approved for relocation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.