The Humane Society For Greater Savannah in Savannah, GA is looking for one volunteer coordinator to join our 32 person strong team. We are located on 7215 Sallie Mood Drive.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, motivated, and hard-working.
The Volunteer Coordinator recruits, orients, trains, and oversees volunteers to meet the needs of the organization. Responsible for organizing and scheduling orientations for new volunteers and assisting with development of personnel policies and procedures. This position collaborates with all departments to develop and implement a strategy to ensure HSGS is being represented positively and effectively in the community and assure an adequate supply of volunteers to each department. This position works to form relationships and cultivates support from the public, volunteers, and donors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide leadership, direction and guidance in conducting day-to-day functions of all volunteer programs and services within the Humane Society for Greater Savannah, and its entities, such as: Pet Fix Savannah and Pick of the Litter Thrift Shop.
- Work collaboratively with the Development Manager and Community Engagement Coordinator on ensuring quality level service with an emphasis on customer service, donor relations and volunteer services deliverable.
- Coordinates and schedules volunteer support for on all campus entities, events, activities, and outreach initiatives including public program and adoption events, schools, faith base organizations, clubs, etc.
- Manages current volunteer force, all communication and maintains database.
- Places volunteers in appropriate positions.
- Prepare written correspondence to volunteers including but not limited to thank you for volunteer service at special events.
- Maintains files including all required paperwork on volunteers including but not limited to signed waivers, applications, orientation certificates, emergency contacts, etc.
- Organizes and facilitates monthly volunteer orientations and training, in conjunction with scheduling of volunteer leaders’ training.
- Identifies and coordinates volunteer needs for program and operation support through management team recommendations.
- Collaborates with supervisors/managers in coordinating staffing for volunteer training.
- Organizes and maintains organizational calendar and schedules community engagement events.
- Serves as an organization ambassador for community engagement initiatives and Third-Party events.
- Develops strong working relationships with other departments and encourages employee inclusion/participation in community engagement programs.
- Assists the Operations Manager with conducting and coordinating tours as requested.
- Attends events as a representative of the Humane Society for Greater Savannah as needed.
- Works with the Development Team on the coordination, planning and management of HSGS events including, but not limited to, Pup Crawl and Doggie Carnival.
Able to sit, perform computer work, drive, stand, bend, squat, walk, and talk for up to eight hours a day with breaks; lifting and carrying of up to 30 pounds and more with assistance; able to work a flexible schedule with weekend and evening shifts as needed. Able to drive on behalf of the Organization.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with a regular work schedule. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday with the ability to work evenings and weekends.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required
- Bachelor’s degree in communications preferred
- Experience in the Hospitality industry preferred
- Minimum of two years’ experience in managing volunteers and community outreach initiatives
- Moderate computer skills
- Desktop publishing and writing experience
- Self-motivation and an ability to work with minimal supervision and with a variety of donors, Board members, staff, and volunteers
- Strong organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow through
- Valid GA driver’s license
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position requires the ability to pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Available shifts and compensation:
We have available shifts all days of the week. Compensation is $14.00 - $16.50/hour.
About THE HUMANE SOCIETY FOR GREATER SAVANNAH:
The Humane Society for Greater Savannah(HSGS) is a tax -exempt 501(c)3 non-profit organization, founded in 1962. Unlike government-supported animal shelters, like Chatham County Animal Services, the Humane Society for Greater Savannah cares for owned animals, those living as pets in homes in Chatham, Effingham, and Bryan counties. With county shelters struggling to manage their overcrowded facilities, we actively work with animal welfare organizations across our state to bring animals into our care to find them loving homes here in Savannah. Our mission is to better the lives of pets and people. Do you love working with people as much as you love animals? Do you want your work to be more than just a paycheck; you want to make a difference for people and their pets? Are you are a great communicator who can give directions to places you’ve never visited? Do you enjoy a fast-pace and thinking on your feet (even when sitting down)? Do you celebrate cleanliness and order? Then come work for the Humane Society for Greater Savannah – we’d love to have you join our team! Learn more about us at http://www.humanesocietysav.org/.
By applying to this job, you agree to receive a text message with a link to your profile as well as a text message when an employer has responded to your application.