Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Staff Accountants are responsible for the:
- Profit and Loss Statement and Balance Sheet Preparation and Analysis,
Assists in preparing all reconciliation's of bank accounts, balance sheets, fixed asset accounting operations
- Revenue Auditing and Reconciliation
- Daily and monthly cash flow forecasting and analysis
- Provides support during annual internal and external audits
- Assists in the gathering of pertinent information necessary to prepare relevant journal entries for posting
- Meets monthly transactional and reporting deadlines for internal and external consumers.
- Develops and documents business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong financial and analytical acumen
- Ability to exercise sound judgment relative to problem solving matters
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and Windows-based accounting programs, such as Great Plains or DataPlus.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task, manage interruptions, establish work priorities, handle stress, and effectively function in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Willingness and ability to promote a positive team member culture and core values
- Hotel accounting experience helpful but not required
- Associates degree or above in accounting.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of general accounting experience
- Other duties assigned by management
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)