Resolve restoration issues regarding Company permits with various jurisdictions and government agencies for the installation, maintenance, and replacement of company facilities. Oversee contractor’s efforts to ensure timely completion of projects and that company and jurisdictional requirements are met. A majority of the work will be done at field locations.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
Skills & Abilities:
- Serve as primary contact and coordinates work with permitting agencies, agency inspectors, Washington Gas Construction Supervisors, and others to resolve restoration issues and permitting problems.
- Provide guidance for or initiates corrective actions.
- Identify recurring and potential restoration problems and recommends procedures and controls for prevention purposes.
- Investigate alternative methods to expedite problem resolution.
- Use Washington Gas databases to identify Washington Gas pavement cuts located within VDOT, SHA and/or DDOT right-of-way.
- Contact contractor when deficiencies or damages are found and arrange for a resolution; ensures problems are resolved in a timely manner.
- Respond/follow up on customer requests.
- Represent the Company’s interests before external audiences, including expert witness testimony and contractual negotiations.
- Field audit and verify restoration for contractor payments.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of construction experience is required, paving or civil is preferred.
- Knowledge of VDOT, SHA and/or DDOT paving specifications preferred.
- Experience with various types of utility-related pavement repairs and proven ability to distinguish Washington Gas-related paving work from that of other utilities preferred.
- Ability to efficiently manage paving contractor’s workload.
- Demonstrated ability to read and understand Miss Utility Marks for underground facilities to resolve issues with the jurisdiction’s inspectors as required.
- Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office, for data management, research, analysis and reporting purposes.
- Demonstrated ability to use basic math with percentages and decimals.
- Ability to logically analyze and solve broadly defined business problems.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to verbally communicate complex information concisely and effectively to diverse audiences.
- Proven ability to establish strong working relationships with external and internal audiences to effectively carry out work responsibilities.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.