Human Resources at Iowa Ortho is unlike most others. We have created a culture of employee engagement and satisfaction. HR's duty is to ensure our employees have all the tools they need to be successful and engaged. We are a small team of HR professionals and we handle it all. The job is always changing and always fulfilling! If you are interested in working with a vibrant and excelling group of people, and you're not afraid of change and a fast moving environment...
Iowa Ortho may be just right for you!
The HR Assistant performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employee relations, training, employment, payroll, compensation and benefits.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the recruiting and hiring process including coordination of job postings, reviewing resumes, screening candidates and performing reference checks
- Organize and maintain new hire paperwork and information packets
- Assist Coordinator with New Hire Orientation
- Maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Maintain Human Resource Information System records
- Assist with applicant tracking within the department
- Assist with projects within the Human Resources Department as requested
- Able to react to change productively and handle other responsibilities and tasks as assigned
This position has a hiring range of $16.63-$18.30 per hour (up to 25 hours) based on years of relative experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and display creativity
- Excellent attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with current and potential employees
- Intermediate or advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to adjust working hours as department workload requires
- Associates Degree in Business or related field
- One to two years of experience in Human Resources Management preferred (can include internship experience)
- Any appropriate combination of education and experience