CommunityAmerica Credit Union, a staple of the Kansas City community for over 75 years, isn’t just about another job. It’s about making a difference in people’s lives, and working for a higher calling, a noble cause — helping Kansas City families reach their financial dreams! It’s this way of thinking that has landed us as Kansas City’s largest credit union and one of the top Kansas City-based financial institutions.
This position is located at our branch inside the Hy-Vee on 64th st.
In-Store Branch Hours - M-F 9am-7pm, Sat 10am-4pm, and Sun 10am-2pm.
Provides professional, prompt, financial service to all members and potential members in a sales and service culture. Continually educates members on credit union products and services in relation to the members’ needs. Ensures a high focus on building and enhancing member relationships through telemarketing, follow-up and financial counseling. This position will be expected to participate in in-house business development promotions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures a high focus on determining members’ needs and cross-selling appropriate services and continually building and enhancing member relationships.
- Balances vault cash, travelers checks, money orders and cashiers checks.
- Opens new member accounts, CD’s and IRA’s.
- Originates and completes member consumer loan applications.
- Closes loans that have originated outside the in-store branch.
- Understands and applies savings and lending policies and procedures for possible sales opportunities.
- Delivers Public Announcements (PA’s) as instructed by the Branch Manager.
- Perform and track business development activities every month.
- Performs financial transactions in an efficient and accurate manner by providing accurate account information using account security procedures and recognizing account flags.
- Maintains an understanding of endorsement requirements and check acceptances of the credit union.
- Assists with vault cash and originating and scoring member loans as needed.
- Assures the credit union’s interest is protected and liens to be filed can be perfected prior to disbursal of loan proceeds.
- Provides supporting documents and proper documentation in member files.
- Assists in meeting and exceeding individual, team and credit union goals.
- Promotes honest and open communication throughout the credit union.
- Demonstrates behaviors that are consistent with the credit union’s values, philosophies, and leadership characteristics.
- Works with other credit union departments to insure the workflow or process is providing the best service to the members.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma required, Associates/4 year degree preferred.
- Prior experience at a financial institution preferred.
- Five or more years experience in sales/retail will be considered in lieu of financial institution experience.
- Prior lending experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of sales and service techniques.
- Knowledge of credit union services and products.
- Excellent member service skills.
- Good problem resolution skills.
- Ability to make sound lending decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Ability to resolve interpersonal conflict and miscommunication.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet software and ability to use word processing software.
- Must be able to be bonded.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veterans
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Banking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Cash Handling: 1 year (Preferred)