Want to work for a company that loves to have fun and treats you like a valued member of the team?
Are you searching for a career opportunity with lots of growth and great compensation and benefits?
If so, we need to talk!
Our client is a commercial construction company headquartered in Ohio and one of the 10 largest builders in the region. They provide a full suite of construction management and general contracting services, including preconstruction services, in the healthcare, corporate, community/urban, and life sciences markets
To help our client continue to grow, we are seeking aPre-Construction Managerf or their headquarters office.
The position will be responsible for portions of pre-construction planning, estimating, risk analysis and bid assembly.
- Lump sum bid process including risk assessment, quantity surveying, self-performance pricing, scheduling, bid solicitation, subcontractor scope coordination, and final bid assembly
- Performing schematic, design development and construction document estimates including budgeting all scopes of work, value analysis of current design, communication with and presentation to owner and design team
- Coordinating with construction operations and MEP estimators
- Responsible for bid document organization and tracking (drawings, specifications, RFI’s and addendums)
- Preparation and editing of company front-end documents (GR/GC’s, subcontractor scopes of work, bid forms, project schedules, logistics plans, bid tabs)
- Performing quantity take-off’s (understanding limits and waste factor applications) and preparing estimates (site work, concrete, structure, exterior enclosures, interiors, MEPs)
- Understanding materials needed and how they are purchased; evaluate/anticipate crew sizes
- Research costs for permits and tap fees
- Understand PW requirements, tax / tax-exempt requirements, subcontractor bonding criteria
- Be able to build the project and tell the story in the estimate; know constructability
- Attend pre- and post-bid meetings
- 3-5 years using ProContractor with estimating software
- Proficient with Isqft is a plus
- Proficient with Phoenix is a plus
- 5-10 years of industry related experience (a minimum of 3 years of construction and/or estimating experience).
- A 4 yr degree in industry related field is a must
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and construction related software/systems are a must.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy is a must
- We provide an excellent and comprehensive compensation package with unlimited opportunity for personal and professional growth.
RELOCATION WILL BE REQUIRED.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $115,000.00 /year