The HR Payroll & Benefits Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all employees within the organization are paid in an accurate and timely fashion. In addition, this individual will file various payroll & tax reports, and lead the completion of all internally required reporting documents. The HR Payroll & Benefits specialist contributes to and/or updates operating procedure documentation and performs various other administrative and accounting tasks related to payroll.
This individual will also play a role in administering the benefits of the organization, including participating in the facilitation of annual open enrollment, and acting as the first point of contact for ongoing employee questions or issues.
- Process accurate payroll for our team for multiple states.
- Process stop payments, off cycle payments and reimbursements as needed.
- Pull and build payroll reports.
- Monitor and respond to payroll related questions from team members.
- Maintain and update team member records.
- Responsible for assisting payroll vendor with researching and resolving any tax agency delinquencies and discrepancies.
- Resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Ensure organizational compliance with federal and local regulations, auditing, and non-discrimination laws.
- Prepare payroll related reports, maintain and update payroll procedures.
- Develop and prepare communications to employees about benefit programs, procedures, claims and any other government mandated disclosures.
- Administer employee benefits programs.
- Oversee employee education about company benefits and enrollment in programs.
- Support all compliance, filing, reports and audits related to benefit programs including health and welfare, wellness, 401(A), 403 (B), and reporting of 5500.
- Oversee employee wellness
- Ensure proper enrollment of employees into the 401K plan with the appropriate payroll deductions. Qualifications What you bring to the team:
- BA/BS from an accredited university (preferred).
- A plus if you have knowledge with ADP Workforce Now in Payroll and Reporting capabilities.
- Must have demonstrated ability to analyze employee data. * Creative problem solver.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain benefits options to employees.
- Identify and resolve solutions with creativity and a contagious “can-do” attitude.
Job Type: Part-time
- Benefits: 2 years (Required)
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Payroll: 2 years (Required)
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction