Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We're looking for a Data Metrics Senior to join Team Snapchat! Working closely with the Internal Audit team, you will be a part of a new division focused on developing continuous monitoring and analytics capabilities over our key business metrics. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you'll collaborate with strategic business leaders from our Engineering and Finance teams to analyze and break down large data sets to identify causes of unexpected changes, trends, and develop a robust and scalable program for defining, measuring, monitoring, and communicating on business performance through metrics.
What you'll do:
- Support the development and execution of a comprehensive and cross-functional metrics audit program
- Perform risk assessments that will include determining scope, process mapping, identifying risks and controls, formalizing controls, and testing frameworks for business metrics data
- Drive planning fieldwork reporting, follow-up phases of metrics audits, and effectively meet milestones
- Collaborate with other functions including Engineering, Compliance, and other Finance teams and act as a business partner to deliver timely recommendations for policy and process enhancements
- Bachelor's degree in math, statistics, economics, accounting, computer science, engineering or other quantitative field
- 3+ years' experience in auditing, consulting, data science, business analytics, or other analytical field
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of technology infrastructure, IT processes, and organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to think critically, creatively solve problems, prioritize tasks, and work independently
- Experience with data-focused audit projects at a technology company
- Experience with cloud environments including Google Cloud Platform and/or Amazon AWS
- Experience in testing and/or implementing IT general controls, application controls, IT infrastructure security, and controls from in audit or compliance role
- Knowledge of basic SQL, Java, and Python
- Ability to effectively interact with various levels of management, including functional department managers, and directors
- Thrives on building from the ground up and enjoys reaching for the highest performance standards
- Proactive and results-driven, executes to goals and flourishes in an entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with data visualization tools, Tableau, Looker, and Google BQ is a plus
- Expertise in quantitative and statistical analysis and data mining is a plus
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don't be shy and contact us at email@example.com ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).