Pure Strategies seeks a Sustainability Associate to contribute to our team that is transforming a business to create a more sustainable future. For over 20 years, Pure Strategies has helped leading companies garner the business benefits of sustainability through improvements in strategy, operations, products, and supply chains. The Sustainability Associate will work collaboratively with Pure Strategies staff to deliver top-quality consulting services. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of working independently, performing analytical tasks, collaborating and communicating with others, and producing high-quality work.
This is a salaried full-time position. Compensation and exact job responsibilities will be based on education and experience. Benefits include paid time off, health care subsidy, and retirement contributions. This is a telecommuting role since the company employs a virtual office environment; preference will be given to candidates in the Massachusetts and Washington, DC areas.
- Conduct life cycle analyses using software platforms such as SimaPro and GaBi.
- Develop greenhouse gas (GHG) inventories for science-based targets and other related GHG accounting efforts.
- Support corporate sustainability strategy, packaging, and chemistry projects for clients.
- Lead and support multiple client projects from completing tasks to managing timelines, staffing, and deliverables for a variety of projects.
- Develop and write project proposals, with budget, staffing, timing, and task planning.
- Create and present reports of work for clients with the potential for client account management responsibilities including business development and internal account tracking.
- Continuously build technical expertise in key corporate sustainability issues relevant to Pure Strategies’ service areas and clients.
- Build a professional network to support project execution and business development.
- Undergraduate degree in a technical field (e.g., science or engineering) or a related field.
- Life cycle assessment experience.
- Two-to-five years of relevant experience.
- Experience with corporate business processes including product design, manufacturing, supply chain management, marketing, and business strategy.
- Strong knowledge of corporate sustainability and the issues facing the leaders in this space.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience and present in management, environmental, technical and other forums.
- Outstanding project management skills and careful attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple projects while meeting both time and budget commitments.
- Ability to work independently and excellent team-building, problem-solving, written and presentation skills.
- Strong aptitude for critical, qualitative, and analytical thinking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High competence in MS-Excel including experience with data analysis.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Word.
- Superior time management skills.
- Ability to work well in a virtual team environment.
Preferred additional skills and characteristics
- Graduate degree
- Experience in agriculture, food, apparel, home/personal care/cosmetic products, retail, or related industries.
- Experience in developing and implementing corporate sustainability strategies.
Pure Strategies team members both collaborate on projects and have a high degree of autonomy. The Sustainability Associate must be able to deliver highly effective results working from a home office in a virtual team environment. Periodic travel is required for this position to client sites and our Gloucester, MA headquarters.
How to Apply
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Applying early is recommended. Applications will be accepted up to March 31st. Complete applications must include a cover letter, a current resume, and names and contact information for three professional references.
Pure Strategies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are a certified B Corporation and strive to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status and other protected status as required by applicable law.
Pure Strategies is a leading U.S. sustainability-consulting firm founded in 1998. We help organizations improve environmental and social performance through green product design and production, sustainable materials, strong community relationships and transparent measures of progress. Our consultancy team includes experts in corporate sustainability strategy, green product design, clean manufacturing, and assessments of materials and chemicals. Pure Strategies is based in Gloucester, Massachusetts with an office in Virginia. For more information, see www.purestrategies.com
Pure Strategies is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
- Consulting: 3 years (Required)
- Do you have any experience using LCA software?
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly