ARIZONA PIONEERS’ HOME
The Arizona Pioneers' Home is a continuing care retirement home operated and funded by the State of Arizona. The Home provides care and services to residents living independently, as well as to those requiring personal, assisted living, intermediate and skilled care.
ARIZONA MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (AMS):
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service.
PRN Pool CNA or Certified Caregiver
300 S. McCormick St
Prescott, AZ 86303
This is a temporary appointment. A temporary appointment is defined as an appointment made for a maximum of 1,500 hours each calendar year. This position will float between several shifts with no set schedule.
The Arizona Pioneers’ Home (APH) is a continuing care retirement home operated and funded by the State of Arizona. The Home provides care and services to residents living independently, as well as, to those requiring personal, assisted living, intermediate and skilled care. The APH is looking for an inviting, friendly Nursing Assistant (NA) to provide tender care to the residents of the Arizona Pioneers’ Home, while ensuring the highest quality of life and independence are provided to the residents.
You will be responsible for the provision of such assistance as needed to the residents of APH including, but not limited to:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Provision of assistance in the activities of daily living to all residents to include positioning of bed bound residents, hygiene and incontinence care while providing privacy with adherence to infection control policies and in accordance with the plan of care.
- Ensure quality and continuity of care by performing rounds and/or reports at the beginning and end of each shift with off going and oncoming Nursing Assistants.
- Monitoring residents for changes in condition and safety risks to residents, employees, visitors and vendors and communicate concerns to the nurse in charge.
- Ensure cleanliness of residents, resident living areas and work areas by removing trash, sending linens and personal clothing to laundry and cleaning as needed in accordance with APH Policy and Procedure.
- Ensure work area is well stocked in anticipation of resident’s needs.
- Assist in collection of lab specimens as ordered and within the scope of practice and under the direction of the supervising nurse.
- Taking of vitals and monitoring of urinary input-output as ordered and documentation of such in adherence with APH Policy and Procedure.
- Responsible for familiarizing with the Arizona Pioneers’ Home Policy and Procedures.
- Present a professional demeanor an interact with residents, co-workers, resident’s families, visitors, volunteers and vendors while maintaining confidentiality of protected health information.
- Attend to the basic needs and desires of the Arizona Pioneers’ home residents and providing or communicating those needs and desires in accordance with Policy and Procedure.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Candidate for this position will demonstrate knowledge of basic nursing assistant skills including but not limited to the following:
1. Transfer and positioning techniques with high regard to safety of the employee and resident.
2. Basic infection control procedures and universal precautions.
3. Resident hygiene procedures.
4. Specimen collection.
5. Incontinence care and risk.
6. Measuring of vitals and ability to identify and communicate those within normal limits or a significant change.
7. Basic documentation standards.
8. Professional oral and written communications skills.
9. Knowledge of provision of activities of daily living with the ability to individualize the care according to the plan of care.
10. Nutritional and fluid requirements and knowledge of feeding procedures.
11. Medical issues allowing the Nursing Assistant to be able to identify changes in condition.
12. Braces, splints, prostheses, slings, walkers, wheelchairs, lifts, anti-embolism stockings, assistive devices such as hearing aides, oxygen delivery systems and other medical equipment.
The candidate for this position will demonstrate adequate skills, dependent on experience, to perform the following functions:
1. Safe transfer techniques.
2. Ability to safely provide assistance in the activities of daily living including but not limited to dressing, bathing, toileting, oral and personal care and feeding.
3. Application of prostheses, anti-embolism stocking and oxygen delivery systems and other ordered medical devices.
4. Indwelling urinary catheter care.
5. Skin care in relation for both incontinence and bed-bound residents.
6. Application of infection control and universal precautions to include good hand washing.
7. Measuring of vitals.
8. Appropriate bed making.
9. Written, oral and visual communications.
The candidate for this position will possess the following abilities:
1. Follow written and verbal directions.
2. Achieve a higher level of knowledge and skills through in-service and other training.
3. Work in a team environment.
4. Interact with all Residents, employees, family members, visitors, volunteers and vendors in a professional manner.
5. Provide flexible in work hours and days.
6. Be punctual with good attendance.
7. Demonstrate the ability to communicate in writing and verbally in the English language.
8. Ability to perform essential functions in a safe, efficient manner.
9. Maintain strict resident confidentiality.
- High School diploma or equivalent, post high school education preferably in nursing or related medical field.
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant (CNA) or a Certified Caregiver
- Must have CPR/First Aid and Food Handler’s card
- Must be 16 years of age or greater
- Provide fingerprint clearance by Arizona Department of Public Safety within twenty days of hire
- Provide documentation of freedom from active pulmonary tuberculosis before hire
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or conviction involving moral turpitude
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact ADOA Recruitment at [email protected] or at (602) 542-5482 for assistance.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting Karen Brown at [email protected] . Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.