**Hours and workdays vary based around live racing season. November-March typically Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. April-October typically Wednesday - Sunday includes both day (8:30 a.m. -5:00 p.m.) and evening shifts (noon – 8:30 p.m.).**
The primary purpose of this position is to process the Minnesota Racing Commission's (MRC) class "C" license applications, administer MRC internal and external communications, and support the functions of the MRC's Board of Stewards. Additionally, this position will support the MRC with administrative functions and act as lead in the marketing and promotion of the Minnesota Breeders Fund.
Minimum Qualifications:Knowledge of:
- Business English sufficient to read reports and registration records and communicate effectively, orally and in writing with horse owners, trainers, vendors and other licensees.
- Business Math sufficient to properly execute accurate cash handling prepare bank statements and balance cash register daily.
- Customer service sufficient to work effectively with agency staff, licensees, racetrack executive staff, and general public.
- Desktop applications such as Microsoft Office Product Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel) sufficient to draft and edit documents, produce reports, letters, memos, and correspondence in appropriate business style.
- Typing/keyboarding/word processing at least 35 wpm accurately sufficient to prepare and format correspondence, records, and reports.
- Data entry sufficient to create database records and update entries.
- Desktop publishing software such as Photoshop and CS5.
- Perform the job's physical demands, including light lifting, standing, sitting, and pulling.
- BA or BS degree in marketing, communications or graphic design.
- Expereince with desktop publishing software such as Photoshop and CS5
- Experience working within the horse racing regulatory industry.
Pass the background check, which is required for all agency employees.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Jodie Segelstrom at email@example.com or 651-259-3768.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.