We are looking for an experienced architect/developer with Magento experience that has a strong foundation in PHP and MYSQL on a Linux platform. This person will have experience working with an application from the operating system through coding from backend to front. Someone with strong business application experience as well as marketing development who can solve real business problems and transform user experience through technology and development.
- Utilize understanding of Magento's code structure and extension architecture to develop sound technical strategies.
- Review, develop and implement innovative features and functionality for tools and modules based on client need.
- Optimize and troubleshoot application code as well as web server configurations.
- Ensure seamless migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2 as well as integration with enterprise systems or third-party APIs (Google, Stripe, etc.).
- Work with highly loaded Magento modules, complex architecture and business logic.
- Review commits for quality, security, scalability, and stability before they are committed to the live site.
- Magento certification and experience with Magento 2.0 required
- English proficiency required
- Experience with agile methodologies and Git-based source control preferred
- Experience interfacing with clients is a plus
The candidate will have daily responsibilities such as the following :
- Collaborating with the rest of our team to brainstorm solutions to business needs
- Adding technical specs and architecture to the team's specs for new modules and website features
- Reviewing our development team's work for quality, security, scalability, stability, etc
- Coding and architecting of complex projects
- Helping us transform our platform from where it is today to make it more stable, secure, scalable, and fast.
- Researching and integrating other platforms into Magento (Twilio, Zen Desk, etc)
Attributes for Success :
- Like being challenged and pushed - we have high standards
- Take pride in your work - we value beautiful, simple, and powerful code for its own sake
- Work hard - we believe the harder you work, the luckier you get
- Enjoy identifying and solving problems by yourself
- Are comfortable making decisions
- Are passionate and driven
- Love technology - our entire business is built on and facilitated by technology, so you will need to love it (at work and in your spare time)
Job Type: Full-time
- Magento: 3 years (Required)