INTERA Incorporated is seeking an entry level Coastal / Hydraulic Engineer to be located in Jacksonville, Florida, who is interested in a consulting career with our established group of professionals. INTERA is interested in team players who like participating in coastal and transportation drainage design projects and gaining exposure to diverse geographic and business environments. Our employees find enjoyment with the amount of responsibility they receive and the many opportunities exist to learn and develop. An enthusiasm for learning and problem solving will lead to a variety of job assignments.
INTERA is a geoscience and engineering consulting firm founded in 1974 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, with offices across the country and Europe. This current position is located in our Jacksonville, Florida office. In Jacksonville, we work on coastal and water resource projects for municipalities, county, state and federal agencies; attorneys; and private entities. For the first year of employment, this role involves 75%+ field work in northeast Florida.
Our employees say what they value most at INTERA is our corporate culture. We value a good work-life balance — our employees are our most valuable assets. INTERA is proud of maintaining a reputation for excellence. We empower our employees to accomplish their best.
Required Education and Skills
Desired Education and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in civil (hydraulic/water resources) or Master’s degree in coastal/ocean engineering
- Experience with hydraulic and/or wave modeling
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team to complete technical work
- The ability to travel to project sites or meetings
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite of programs
- A Master’s degree in civil (hydraulic) or coastal/ocean engineering
- Experience with bridge hydraulics related projects
- Experience with the use of SMS, ADCIRC, SWAN, AdH, ROMS, and/or HEC-RAS
- Experience with beach nourishment projects including familiarity with USACE models
- Experience analyzing/manipulating data with a scripting language, such as Python or MATLAB
An excellent corporate culture, generous benefits package, and performance-based bonuses comprise part of the advantages of INTERA employment. Come join our talented team of professionals who provide best-in-class services in our industry!