The Quality Officer is responsible for development and implementation of strategies to effectively support this healthcare network in its goal of providing quality services to the people served in Direct Care & Treatment – Mental Health Substance Abuse Treatment Services (MHSATS) along with overseeing the Quality function and efforts within Medical Services and Dental/Outpatient Clinics).
Job duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the development of processes and procedures for ensuring compliance with state and federal standards and requirements which govern healthcare licenses and accreditation.
- Experience with CMS, Joint Commission, MDH, and accreditation survey processes.
- Demonstrated experience drafting policies, medical staff membership, and researching best practice standards.
- Direct activities to monitor, audit, analyze, and report program performance against established standards.
- As a contributor to the Medical Services Leadership Team, the Quality Officer will provide leadership in organizational planning, and will advise the team of quality issues which require organizational solutions.
The Quality Officer position has the primary role in developing and maintaining positive, productive and results-oriented relationships across a divergent group of persons including, patients, families, providers, clinicians, counties, other providers, hospitals, and other stakeholders. The position will have managerial influence and control primarily in the area of practices, processes, and procedures.
3 years professional experience which must include one year of experience related directly to quality in a healthcare setting.
Bachelor's degree in public health, social work, human services, quality assurance or a related field can substitute for one of professional experience.
- Candidate must have working knowledge of behavioral health standards and accreditation processes
- Extensive knowledge of the operation of health care systems, administrative state agencies, relevant state and federal agencies, and accrediting organizations.
- Influential leadership skills that foster effective relationships.
- Ability to assist with the development and implementation of policies
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that you clearly describe your experience in the areas listed above.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
EDUCATION VERIFICATION - Applicants will be required to provide a copy of their high school diploma at time of interview OR copies of their college transcript or college degree/diploma at time of interview. Copies of the college degree/diploma are acceptable ONLY if it clearly identifies the field in which it was earned.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Our mission as an employer is to actively recruit, welcome and support a workforce, which is diverse and inclusive of people who are underrepresented in the development of state policies, programs and practices, so that we can support the success and growth of all people who call Minnesota home.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Pat Marcus at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate to Ayo Jones at email@example.com by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services’ ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 for assistance
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.