This position is a member of the team who works under the supervision of a registered nurse and performs various personal care services as necessary to meet the client’s needs. This position is responsible for observing clients, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide client care as directed.
2. Provide personal care: Bathing, Grooming, including oral care, Assist the client with dressing and undressing, Assist the client with toileting activities, Assist in feeding the client, Feed clients who are unable to feed themselves
3. Take and record vital signs (temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure)
4. Measure and record height and weight, if necessary.
5. Support good skin care to prevent skin breakdown (i.e. turn and reposition client, actively encourage movement)
6. Assist client with active and passive range of motions as defined by the plan of care
7. Provide client with help walking and transferring
8. Observe client’s physical, mental and emotional conditions
9. Ensure client’s rights are adhered to
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
1. High school diploma or GED
2. Minimum of one (1) year of documented experience required.
3. Self-directing with the ability to work with little direct supervision
4. Empathy for the needs of the client
5. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
6. Ability to express spoken and/or written ideas in English
7. Treats clients, staff and the public with courtesy, respect and presents appositive public image.
8. Works as a team member
9. Ensures confidentiality and security of the client’s medical information.