Full Job Description
This role does not offer relocation or visa sponsorship. Candidates must be able to work at our Edison, NJ office location.
Affiliated Technology Solutions is an industry leader - designing, building and delivering unparalleled integrated phone solutions to customers across the United States. Our model has seen rapid growth over the last several years and we are in need of a developer to join our team.
If you enjoy the satisfaction of a job well done, then you will love our collaborative, dynamic environment that allows you to provide excellent service by identifying, interpreting and resolving your customer’s challenges.
We have found that our most successful team members have come from various backgrounds, but they all share these common traits… strong commitment to customer service, an innate “can do” attitude, and loving the thrill of successfully overcoming obstacles and providing solutions. Does this sound like you?
Job Summary & Core Competencies
We’re looking for a Node.js and PHP developer who displays a positive attitude and aligns strongly with our core values: be agile, be a team player, be accountable, have high attention to detail, and be a hard & smart worker.
You must be comfortable building large-scale web applications using Node.js and PHP from scratch with intense backend programming. If you've never built anything larger than a tutorial/bootcamp project on your own, this isn’t for you.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of backend experience with Node.js and NPM.
- 2+ years of backend experience with object oriented PHP 7, including Laravel
- 2+ years of experience with MySQL database administration
- 2+ years of experience working with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with GIT and remote repositories
- Team player who thrives with a small team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong desire to move projects forward and be proactive
- Experience with XAMPP
- Experience with VOIP telecommunications
- Experience with Ubuntu Linux 16.04 LTS server
- Experience with Windows Server
This role does not offer relocation or visa sponsorship.
Candidates must be able to work at our Edison, NJ office location.
You will be part of the team responsible for maintaining the code for our Node.js API which includes bug resolution, enhancements, and new features. This is a fast-paced and agile environment. We are rapidly growing and customer driven so priorities shift, so we need someone who is able to roll with changes.
You will work directly with our senior software developer and product development manager to build and maintain our API based integrations.
Your shift will be Monday to Friday 9AM to 5PM with occasional off hours work to preform upgrades to the production environment (4-5 times per year). This is a W-2 position and 100% based at our Edison NJ office, no travel required.
The dress code is casual. We have a fun work environment with great company culture.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- Git: 1 year (Preferred)
- MySQL: 2 years (Required)
- VOIP Telephony: 1 year (Preferred)
- Node.js: 3 years (Required)
- XAMPP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Object Oriented PHP 7: 2 years (Required)
- Edison, NJ 08817 (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma